Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Fans, what are they thinking sometimes ?

watching Comcast sports Boston Monday, the 2-6 broadcast.

Some questions of course following the B's defeat. A few calls calling for this or that..Some were pretty good ....a couple not so good

B's fan ( he was serious) called in to give his opinion on how to improve the B's.. Obtain Connor McDavid. I had to laugh at such a suggestion. Wondered how long it would be before another caller would suggest the caller not quite knowing what they were talking about, three calls. Of couse the talikng heads Felger,Mazz and Murray
    had a hard time keeping serious, suggesting the B's give haula,Ulmark, and a few other players, withMazz mocking a thick Boston accent as a caller.

I'm a B's fan, we also should obtain Mathews, i'm pretty sure the leafs will deal him, LOL

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I mean, they're not wrong. LOL Getting McDavid would improve any team's roster.

The Internet has done wonders in terms of dispelling myths about fanbases etc.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

I mean, they're not wrong. LOL Getting McDavid would improve any team's roster.

The Internet has done wonders in terms of dispelling myths about fanbases etc.

Of course he would. the bruins have nothing to give,the oilers. The fan should know this.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Of course he would. the bruins have nothing to give,the oilers. The fan should know this.

Given the cap situation for almost every team in the League these days, it almost has to be a money-in, money-out equivalent. Marchand, a couple of 1sts, and taking a bad contract. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

yea maybe, i still think thats not enough for mac

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

It's everywhere, not just Boston. One of the local sports talk hosts always busts on fans that call in with that type of ideology. It's usually Penguins or Steeler fans and he'll just shut them down with "Just trade all our bad players for all their good players".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

It's everywhere, not just Boston. One of the local sports talk hosts always busts on fans that call in with that type of ideology. It's usually Penguins or Steeler fans and he'll just shut them down with "Just trade all our bad players for all their good players".

Exactly!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

This begs the question: does every team's fan base have their own equivalent version of what is, in their minds, a feasible trade offer that could conceivably land [insert favourite trade bait acquisition]?

For a long time, for the Habs fans it was "Halak, Ryder, and a 2nd" and it was guaranteed money in any trade offer. LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    Twitter: @MTLSimon11

This always reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George is working out trades with Jerry after getting hired by the Yankees.

"I think I got it. How about this? How about this? We trade Jim Leyritz and Bernie Williams, for Barry Bonds, huh? What do think? That way you have Griffey and Bonds, in the same outfield! Now you got a team!"

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It happens everywhere. Convinced that you can trade mediocre talent (or worse) plus some average (at best) futures for a star. Trades like that do happen on occasion (Joe Thornton to San Jose comes to mind) but it's rare.

The Oilers would be insane to move McDavid. Is it possible? I guess. Boston wouldn't be a particularly good fit trade wise either (they don't have the pieces that you'd want for a young, in his prime, superstar) - but I'll play along with the idea.

A team like New Jersey could probably put together a deal that is "fair":

Something like Hughes, Bratt, Blackwood, Hamilton, the 2nd overall pick in 2022, and next year's 1st rounder.... for McDavid, Kassian, and Barrie - with Jersey eating the difference between the Hamiliton & Barrie deals (that would be 50% retraining on Hamilton).

Would I do that trade if I were the Oilers? Not a chance. If someone is seriously going to try and pry McDavid loose in a trade - it's a package like that which you'd have to start with (same goes for the likes of Matthews).

It's not a Bruins fan thing though. Trust me. I've had years of listening to call in shows on the radio... and "trade our overpaid / underperformer / washed up vet for something great" is a regular topic.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast