Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is goodbye.

Please Note - cowboys8701 will ship to the following countries: US and Canada Only

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fastbanshee8's Items on eBay

This is goodbye.

Seems like the vast majority of traders on here start new threads, or reply to someone else's thread, then don't login to check replies for many days, or weeks. Do you people that do this not realize how inconsiderate that is? If you want to trade, then the least you can do is check for replies daily. Also, the rules state that both parties have 3 days to ship, and should ship at the same time, and those shipping days include Saturdays. Most of my recent trades have been as follows. We both agree to ship on a certain day. That day arrives, and I ship, lo, and behold the other trader always has some lame excuse as to why they couldn't ship. Most of the time they have my cards before they send out their end, and that is BS. If you don't have time to ship, or reply, then you shouldn't be on here at all. Why should any trader be given 5-16 days to ship, like most that I've traded with seem to need? Unless you end up in the hospital, then there's no excuse for this laziness. And another thing, what is with people wanting to trade me junk base cards for my cards worth $15-$30? I've even had threads where I've stated no base cards, yet some moron offers me base cards. Base cards are a dime a dozen, and very easy to come by, so I don't need your's. This site used to be very easy to trade on. I used to get 2-5 trades daily, and now I'm lucky to get 2 trades per month. If you want good cards in return, you're going to have to give up good cards to get them. Since most of the people on here seem to think that everyone "owes" them a better deal than what they are giving in return, I've decided to call it quits here. I'm sick of all of the BS.

Football Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oklahoma Sooners

Sorry you are having a bad experience. Feel free to come back any time.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Kansas City Chiefs Houston Rockets
    Twitter: @jenkad18 See jkadlitz's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Sorry things didn't work out. There are still those of us that adhere to the rules and only expect fair trades. Hope you decide to come back for us!! :-)
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

HOUSTON HEAT FOOTBALL
    Houston's Pro Women's Football Team
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders NULL NULL
    See clk823's Items on eBay

We had a decent respectable trade. I wouldn't mind seeing you stay and make another trade if i had something you would be interested in. Hope you return also.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See snaeja's Items on eBay

I have alot of cowboys if you would like to trade. I ship next day and am easy to trade with.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Diego Chargers
    See bobbyhound's Items on eBay

Well, it sucks you have have had a sour experience. I think that one thing you need to keep in mind is not everyone's situation is the same. If you are trading with someone with a quality reputation and high positive feedback, you should not be worried about anything. As an adult, being able to understand that some people have a lot of things going on in their lives and really do mean well when making trades. I myself am a busy person with work and a family. There are times where I am one of those people that does not get stuff packed and shipped right away. However, in my case, I have been doing this for a long time and have the reputation and feedback to back it up. Mine is never a case of "laziness". It is always a case of prioritization.

I hope that whatever you decide to do, you have a general understanding of people and that your have better experiences. Collecting is a community and this site is no different. Most people that frequent here are great people and would never intentionally cause anyone any kind of grief. However, I think I speak for most, we are mostly all adults of a wide range of ages. We do this because we love collecting. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    Supercollecting: LT, Antonio Gates, Hakeem Olajuwon and Jose Canseco
    Will trade for: Nice Chargers Autos/GU
    Want GU/Autos Chipper Jones
    Also looking for... The Walking Dead cards that I don't have yet

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to see you leave. We made a couple trades and everything went flawless. I do agree with newcombe. There are a lot of things going on with a lot of traders. We have no idea what the other person is dealing with or going through. I hope to see you back again.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Lebron James autograph
    Walter Payton autograph
    Michael Jordan Bulls autograph

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Seems like the vast majority of traders on here start new threads, or reply to someone else's thread, then don't login to check replies for many days, or weeks. Do you people that do this not realize how inconsiderate that is? If you want to trade, then the least you can do is check for replies daily. Also, the rules state that both parties have 3 days to ship, and should ship at the same time, and those shipping days include Saturdays. Most of my recent trades have been as follows. We both agree to ship on a certain day. That day arrives, and I ship, lo, and behold the other trader always has some lame excuse as to why they couldn't ship. Most of the time they have my cards before they send out their end, and that is BS. If you don't have time to ship, or reply, then you shouldn't be on here at all. Why should any trader be given 5-16 days to ship, like most that I've traded with seem to need? Unless you end up in the hospital, then there's no excuse for this laziness. And another thing, what is with people wanting to trade me junk base cards for my cards worth $15-$30? I've even had threads where I've stated no base cards, yet some moron offers me base cards. Base cards are a dime a dozen, and very easy to come by, so I don't need your's. This site used to be very easy to trade on. I used to get 2-5 trades daily, and now I'm lucky to get 2 trades per month. If you want good cards in return, you're going to have to give up good cards to get them. Since most of the people on here seem to think that everyone "owes" them a better deal than what they are giving in return, I've decided to call it quits here. I'm sick of all of the BS.

Let me know if you find the nirvana where no BS exist.
    @cowboys8701

Best of luck in wherever the trading winds take you.

DON
    Great Prices on soft sleeves and top loaders!

Standard Soft sleeves .75 each , Thick Soft Sleeves $1 each, Top Loaders 60 point $2.75 each, Top Loaders 100 point $4, Top Loaders 140 points $2.50 each, Top Loaders 190 point $1.75 each, Top Loaders 240 point $2 each. Prices do not include shipping!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See fastbanshee8's Items on eBay

Well, it sucks you have have had a sour experience. I think that one thing you need to keep in mind is not everyone's situation is the same. If you are trading with someone with a quality reputation and high positive feedback, you should not be worried about anything. As an adult, being able to understand that some people have a lot of things going on in their lives and really do mean well when making trades. I myself am a busy person with work and a family. There are times where I am one of those people that does not get stuff packed and shipped right away. However, in my case, I have been doing this for a long time and have the reputation and feedback to back it up. Mine is never a case of "laziness". It is always a case of prioritization.

I hope that whatever you decide to do, you have a general understanding of people and that your have better experiences. Collecting is a community and this site is no different. Most people that frequent here are great people and would never intentionally cause anyone any kind of grief. However, I think I speak for most, we are mostly all adults of a wide range of ages. We do this because we love collecting. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

So basically what you are saying is, if someone doesn't get things shipped out within the 3 day time frame that it's okay, because they have more important things to do in life. This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't have time to follow the rules, and do as you are supposed to, then maybe it's time to stop making trades, until you are able to follow the rules. It's a 10 minute job to pack up a card, and print a label online. It's easy to find 10 minutes to do so, and I've never had a problem doing it. When someone repeatedly breaks the rules like several on here do, it's because they have developed bad habits, and it needs to stop. It hasn't stopped at all, and it's only gotten worse, which is one of the main reasons I'm done on here. I guess I was raised differently than many on here were. There are still a few good traders left on this site, but many don't follow the rules as they should be, and it's very frustrating to those of us that do follow them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Diego Chargers
    See bobbyhound's Items on eBay

So basically what you are saying is, if someone doesn't get things shipped out within the 3 day time frame that it's okay, because they have more important things to do in life. This is exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't have time to follow the rules, and do as you are supposed to, then maybe it's time to stop making trades, until you are able to follow the rules. It's a 10 minute job to pack up a card, and print a label online. It's easy to find 10 minutes to do so, and I've never had a problem doing it. When someone repeatedly breaks the rules like several on here do, it's because they have developed bad habits, and it needs to stop. It hasn't stopped at all, and it's only gotten worse, which is one of the main reasons I'm done on here. I guess I was raised differently than many on here were. There are still a few good traders left on this site, but many don't follow the rules as they should be, and it's very frustrating to those of us that do follow them.

I think they should communicate with the other party involved if they can not get the trade out. However, if they are not, then there needs to be something done for that. Your post insinuated that people are "lazy", which is not always the case. That is making an assumption about ALL people that do not ship in a "timely" manner.

Yes, there are other things in people's lives that are going to take top priority. To think that a hobby is of higher priority than family and work is absurd. You can say, "it takes 10 minutes" to pack out, but you are also not living in their shoes. You do not know their situation. The best thing to do is to NOT deal with them anymore if you are unhappy with your experience with them. It's really that simple.

Take it from a veteran of this hobby and who has been a member of SCF for nearly 20 years, the majority of people here have been genuine and considerate. I have experienced less than a handful of cases where my dealings with someone was less than satisfactory. As long as I get what I am due, I don't care when I get it. Obviously, if it has been a considerable amount of time, I will always follow-up with the other party involved because, as I said before, I don't live in their shoes. Failing to communicate will result in reporting them to admin through trade manager.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast