Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question Help with Reggie Jackson card

Going through some old cards from my late uncle and found a few that I can't find much information on. One is this Reggie Jackson with a double picture. Looked all over the web and couldn't find another example. Anybody know the story behind it? Have a Mickey Mantel with the same double pic also... again can't find another like it. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Rocket82; 05-31-2022 at 08:36 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

You may want to correct your mistake, it's not JACKIE ROBINSON, it's REGGIE JACKSON. Have a good evening, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I might be wrong, but I think someone put a 1969 Topps decal sticker on top on the 1969 Topps regular card. Unfortunately would bring value down quite a bit. Looks cool though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lol nice catch! Fixed ��™♂️
    Last edited by Rocket82; 05-31-2022 at 08:37 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I might be wrong, but I think someone put a 1969 Topps decal sticker on top on the 1969 Topps regular card. Unfortunately would bring value down quite a bit. Looks cool though.

I thought the same but couldn't feel an edge like there was a sticker. I noticed a sticker on another card so that's a possibly... I just can't feel it on this card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I’m not aware of any card otherwise. Do you have a picture of the Mantle?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    Twitter: @Nsloki See nobodyweirdlikeme's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

this is what i was gonna say
    My main focus is 90s star inserts/refractors in any sport but will also look at RCs, Color Refractors/Prizms and #'d of JRod, Witt, Ohtani, Carroll, Griffey, Jeter, Trout, Acuna, Jordan, Lebron, Luka, Ja, Ant, Brady, Mahomes, Herbert, Burrow, Hurts and any other star rookies/prospects
    Any Kobe Bryant Esp. Rookie Year Cards

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    @ethunder you were correct about that it being a 1969 Topps Decal sticker & like you pointed out someone must placed it on the card sad but we all have to remember that back in the day kids did alot to cards before they realized wait that could be worth something. As we all know that infamous story about the last series of the 1952 Topps how they ended on pallets before being dumped into the Hudson River. @Rocket82 nice finds though when I first saw the picture I thought maybe you placed the decal on top of the Screwdown but the shadow shows that it's stuck to the card the decals were similar to a thing called rub-outs or something like that you took a pencil rubbing along the card & it would transfer to whatever flat surface you placed them on. I hope that solved your mystery.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Definitely agree. Very cool looking either way. Would love to see the Mantle.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That explains why I can't feel an edge! Thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast