Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Since 1990 i have been working on this

Greetings:
    I want to first apologize for this long read ahead of time & if you don't have the patience to read this long post then I won't judge you for your actions but if you read through this post I hope that you will find time to post a comment on this post so with the apology set the way we go. Back in 1990 I started to hand build sets for my collection. It started off with me building the 1990 Donruss & 1983 Fleer & the 1967 Topps baseball sets as my main focus I had other sets in the works but those were my top 3 at the time. I completed the 1990 Donruss within 2 months the 1983 Fleer was a bit longer like 7 months as well the other the other odds & ends sets. Don't freak out I'll get back to the 1967 Topps set on my progress as I continue on my post. I eventually decided to make an effort to become a 2 sport collector so I dabbled in making hockey sets since my local team was starting to do well then I eventually worked on the other two major sports so if I were to somehow have children I would share my love of card collecting to them & point out certain things in those sports & hopefully if they collected they would have any amount of support in what their old man made or help them make in set form. Anyway now the latest news about the 1967 Topps set like I mentioned before I have started making it in 1990. I am down to 2 cards from completing it if I weren't counting the Variants. The 2 cards are the Tom Seaver RC #581 & the Brooks Robinson card #600 both are high numbers & I hope someday I can find an opportunity to purchase them. Now I first was hesitant about trying to find the Variants & I can clearly say that I am down to 2 Variants #117 Darrell Brandon I need the letters fainted "DI" within the blue sky background #128 Ed Spiezio the front of his name is nearly rubbed away I chipped away in finding the other Variants this last week June 18th through the 25th while I was in Maryland on vacation & attending the Chantilly sports card show. So I can't believe that a total of 4 cards I am almost done with this set once I complete it I'll be sure to show pictures of this accomplishment so if someone can help me out with a very cheap Tom Seaver RC or the Brooks Robinson or have the 2 missing Variants send me a PM cause I really like to accomplish in completing this set before the year 2030. Thanks again for your time to read this long post if you made it through the end. I also like to hear from you about what I have almost accomplished.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

Hope you have success soon on finishing the '67 Topps baseball set. Have a good day, Rodney

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    @OriolesFan thanks for the words of encouragement. I just sometimes think to myself even though I have not reached the immortal status yet & I currently am a HoFer am I a few of the rare breeds of collectors who are members of SCF that spinning tales of baseball lore & a set builder I can only wonder as I look through my collection.