Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Buyer Beware - 20-21 SP Authentic

Just wanted to share some pics of the case hit that I pulled from SP Authentic. I have already contacted Upper Deck QA department regarding the card. This is the True Leaders Sidney Crosby /10. This card never should have made it into packs with an auto that is dewetted like this. It makes the autos on OPC platinum look crisp. I am becoming a bigger fan of sticker autos after seeing on-card autos like this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

I pulled three autographs of lesser players that look EXACTLY like your Crosby. At least you got a Crosby I busted an inner case and four boxes got nothing but crap! Auto patch in the inner case was a 2019 NOBODY!

SPA sucks this year!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Not sure what happened exactly so that the auto is like that. Some of autos from Stature are not perfect too. Maybe the combo card coating/ pen is not optimal.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

I can understand Stature due to the gloss but with this one I'm pretty surprised. SPA is usually solid on auto quality.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Stature's first year was great for the quality of auto, but it went downhill from there. I agree that SP Authentic usually has solid auto quality.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Ouch. That is really unfortunate to see that level of bubbling on a brand new product. I hope that you'll be able to get a proper replacement. Probably won't be the same card since it's /10 but they should hook you up with an equivalent Crosby.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pretty sad that they would even allow an auto like that to get into circulation. Dont they have quality control anymore. Makes you wonder.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

SPA seems like a very risky break. All or nothing.
    For my money, and fun, I would go for 2 boxes of Platinum instead.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

First response from Upper Deck QA was an apology for the inconvenience and that they were going to forward it to their Product Development team.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    St Louis Blues

Update: FedEx came today, and I received my compensatory card for the Crosby. Upper Deck would not replace the Crosby. So instead they had me keep it, and they sent this to compensate for the value loss of the Crosby due to the poor auto. Better than I thought they would do, but not quite a good as what I had hoped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast