Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (17)
    Country
    San Francisco 49ers Minnesota Twins Minnesota Timberwolves
    See Alwaysabc's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr
    Member is PayPal Verified

Need some advice about boxes

Hello, have a question for you all. I haven’t purchased anything basketball in a very long time aka last thing I purchased was Finest.

looking to start buying boxes again of this year product as I enjoy opening them. Looking for advice on a good mid level product to start with. Looking over things I am lost in the sauce and not sure where to go. I do like the look of court kings and crown Royal and I am curious where they are in the peeking order. Also wide open to suggestions beyond these two.

Thanks in advance

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Court Kings and CR are definitely mid-end products, but honestly, I'll tell you this - the price of hobby boxes is absurd right now. If you're looking to scratch an itch to open (and aren't scared off by the prices), that's one thing. if you're looking for something specific, you're MUCH better off just buying the single cards. It's definitely not as fun, but it's going to save you a whole lot of cash and headaches. Crown Royale used to be a $150 box....at $400+ today...hard pass. It's insane. I'm a guy who opens for fun and not to flip for a profit, and haven't bought a hobby box in years - if I'm looking to open something, I'm retail all day (and even then, blasters that were $19.99 are $29.99 today).

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You can always go the retail route to get a itch at a affordable price but will not be guaranteed a lot oof the big hits but at least you can see if you like the product or not before you put a serious dollar amount into a hobby box.

p.s. As stated above the best route is singles but if your trying to hit the lottery at a affordable price boxes is the way to go as those insane hits are out of most of the price point for us normal collectors.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

Welcome back to the hobby, but this is the absolute worst time to get back into the hobby with prices of wax being more than double what they used to be. Retail is a terrible alternative as well since most products are extremely watered down. There is no such thing as an affordable box anymore and the only reason I indulge once in awhile is b/c I am addicted to doing it. As mentioned singles are a much more affordable way to go, but looks like you're not really about that. My advice is if you have the urge to rip something, stick to hangars and cellos and stay away from the more expensive retail blasters and mega boxes.