Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

The second TTM I received was from J.T. Bruett. This was sent on 8/18/2022 and received on 9/26/2022. Mr. Bruett was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in 1988 and played two seasons in the majors with them. He now works as the Director of Lindahl Academic Center at the University of Minnesota. Mr. Bruett played for the Cotuit Kettleers in 1988. He did not answer my question. This is my sixteenth autograph for the set.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 11-03-2022 at 06:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The third and final autograph I received in my absence was from Michael LeBlanc. This was sent on 9/12/2022 and received on 11/2/2022. Mr. LeBlanc was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in 1988 and again by the Seattle Mariners in 1989. He played one year in Short-Season A ball for the Bellingham Mariners. He is now a teacher and coach at a high school in Maine, only 25 minutes from where I live. Mr. LeBlanc played for the Chatham Athletics in 1988. He did answer my question. This is my seventeenth autograph for the set. I still have nine TTMs out that haven't been returned, and I do plan on sending out about ten more TTMs this weekend, so stay tuned to see what I get.
    Last edited by CCBL1988; 11-03-2022 at 06:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hello, everyone. Today I received another TTM return. This one is from Andrew Albrecht. It was sent on 8/16/2022 and received on 11/7/2022. Mr. Albrecht was drafted by the New York Yankees in 1991. He played three seasons in the minor leagues with Yankees and San Francisco Giants affiliates, reaching the Class A-Advanced level. He is currently the CEO and Co-Founder of AUBix, which aims to provide the state of Alabama, especially those in rural and underserved areas, with the necessary information technology infrastructure including high speed internet. Mr. Albrecht played for the Brewster Whitecaps in the Cape Cod League. He was nice enough to write me a note as well. This is my eighteenth autograph for the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another TTM in the mail. This one is from Mark Sweeney and was sent on 8/14/2022. I am not sure when it was actually received as I have been away for the weekend in New Jersey and haven't checked the mail since Thursday, 11/17. I'm going to count it as having been received today, 11/20/2022. Mr. Sweeney was drafted by the Los Angeles Dodgers in 1990 and again by the California Angels in 1991. He played 14 seasons in the major leagues with the St. Louis Cardinals, San Diego Padres, Cincinnati Reds, Milwaukee Brewers, Colorado Rockies, San Francisco Giants, and Los Angeles Dodgers. He played for the Chatham Athletics in 1988 and currently works for Fox Sports. He did not write me a note or answer my question. I have not had the time to send out more TTMs, so everything that is being returned has been out for at least a couple months. I currently have seven TTMs that are outstanding. This is my nineteenth autograph for this set and has put me over 10% of the way to completion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another card for the set today. This was not a TTM return. It was a trade with someone on another autograph website. The card is of Dan Wilson. Mr. Wilson was drafted by the New York Mets in 1987 and again by the Cincinnati Reds in 1990. He played two seasons in the MLB with the Reds, but was traded to the Seattle Mariners at the end of the 1993 season. Mr. Wilson played with the Mariners for 12 seasons and he is part of the Mariners Hall of Fame. He played for the Cotuit Kettleers in 1988. This is my twentieth autograph for the set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Sweet pick up

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! I think I may have overvalued the card as far as what I traded for it, but I haven't seen this card or any Dan Wilson signings come up since I started the set. I bought a card for $27 specifically for this trade, so I guess you could say I paid $27 not including tax and shipping for it. I'm still glad I got it and can mark it off my list.

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thanks! I think I may have overvalued the card as far as what I traded for it, but I haven't seen this card or any Dan Wilson signings come up since I started the set. I bought a card for $27 specifically for this trade, so I guess you could say I paid $27 not including tax and shipping for it. I'm still glad I got it and can mark it off my list.

Matt

Matt

Some times we look at a particular card that we purchased or traded for and think we over paid or traded. But when the dust clears what matters is it is now yours and if it was a hard item you now own it.
    There might be times you get some thing for a steal and think wow that was great.
    I believe it all works out for the best.

Continued success and I for one look forward to seeing more.
    Happy Holidays

Alan

SCF Rewards
    Country

Matt

Some times we look at a particular card that we purchased or traded for and think we over paid or traded. But when the dust clears what matters is it is now yours and if it was a hard item you now own it.
    There might be times you get some thing for a steal and think wow that was great.
    I believe it all works out for the best.

Continued success and I for one look forward to seeing more.
    Happy Holidays

Alan

Thanks for the encouragement, Alan! I just sent out 25 TTMs on 12/4 and already have two private signings lined up for the first half of 2023 (Mike Mordecai and Tim Salmon), so there is plenty more to come!

Matt

SCF Rewards
    Country

I received another card in the mail today. This one is from Mark Carper and was sent on 12/4/2022 and received on 12/12/2022. Mr. Carper was drafted by the California Angels in 1986. He chose to go to Stanford University, where he was a roommate of Mike Mussina for three months. He tried out for the Baltimore Orioles in 1990, but wasn't signed because of a bad elbow. He got surgery and was later signed by the Orioles and started his professional career in 1991. He played six seasons from 1991 to 1996 in the Baltimore Orioles, New York Yankees, and Atlanta Braves organizations. He never made it past the AAA level. Mr. Carper played for the Cotuit Kettleers in 1988. He did not answer my question. This is my twenty first autograph for my collection.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast