Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Exclamation 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle sells for record $12.6 million at auction

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ml...item-TIME.html

A card of New York Yankees legend Mickey Mantle has sold for an astonishing $12.6million, making it the most expensive sports item ever at auction.

It destroyed the previously held record by over $5m, set earlier this month for a T206 Honus Wagner graded SGC 2.

Before Heritage Auctions kicked off the bidding on July 25, it was speculated the Mantle relic could fetch upwards of $10m.

Just two weeks ago the 9.5-grade 1952 Topps card had already hit $6.35m - $7.62m with Buyer's Premium.

'This card is arguably the finest-condition example of the most iconic post-war card in the world,' Chris Ivy, Heritage's director of sports auctions, said via a statement.

'That grade, plus the fact it has documented provenance from the most storied find in hobby history, puts this card in a category of its own.'

This specific example has been dubbed 'The Rosen Find' as it was found among 5,500 cards that included 75 1952 Mantles purchased by collector Alan Rosen during the 1980s.

In 1991, he sold the card to Anthony Giordano for $50,000, briefly making it the world's most expensive.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

Wow! $12MM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

The family of whoever paid that much needs to have that person checked (to see if that person is mentally okay). I know that some cards really have some "value". However, a baseball card for well over 12 million dollars is ridiculus . Congratulations to the seller, but the buyer needs to be checked (just in my opinion). I wouldn't pay that much (if I had it) for a house, car, clothes, food, etc. (stuff that we all need).