Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

COMC question/help needed

I really don't understand how COMC works. I went through the initial submission process, say I want to submit 50 random cards, likely parallels from Platinum/Artifacts, some jersey/auto cards. Average values all less than $50 thus looking to go through COMC vs eBay.

It asks for the lot quantity, and total value. So I just pack up a lump of cards and send them in - now what? Who creates the listing, who sets the per card price? It is not clear how they actually get listed. I am a COMC customer, buying is straightforward, but can I assume they get my lump of cards and someone goes through and IDs them and scans them front/back and then it comes back to me for final blessing and pricing?

It has to be simple, but I don't know how it works. So any help or instruction would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

It is simple!

When I get a package sent to my COMC I get an e-mail about it's arrival and a picture of the package and cards inside. It takes them 2 weeks automatically for your cards to be scanned and uploaded into your account. They scan the Front and Back and also all of it's credentials (set, parallel, serial number etc) When you are in your account you can click on which cards you want to sell and how much to be listed for. If there are multiple copies of this card for sale on COMC it will tell you what the lowest copy is listed for or if you have the only copy on COMC it will say that you have a "COMC Monopoly".

You say you are a COMC customer, so you must have an account. When you purchase a card you have the option of re-listing the card at whatever value you want. Also if you go that route it will also tell you how much you purchased it for when you have it listed. So you know if you're actually making money if someone does make an offer.

My username on COMC is Tachyon, so my USA address on eBay goes to my COMC account and the packages are simply labelled "C/O Tachyon" and then the rest of the address. I also do the same when I ship to a COMC address.

Hope this helps.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

That does help a lot - thank you! I do have an account, but buying only. Was wondering about the scanning and card description, so obviously that service you are paying for along with the listing, selling, shipping. I think I'll try a couple dozen cards first to see how it goes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

Yes, I have been using COMC for many years and also the listing process. The information above in this thread is nice summary!

One thing I can add is that you sound like you are deciding what amount of cards you plan to send in a bulk group to COMC and sell there. You will be able to choose the price you set BUT my main idea is check the current listings for cards you’re considering. You will see the lowest price and the total number for sale.

For example, 2021 Trey Lance Base Illusions RC #61 and right now the lowest price for sale is $4.50 and there are four for sale in total. This is a current card so that helps sell it more quickly but he just had season ending surgery so that will hurt demand and slow selling. If I had one to sell that I want to sell fast on COMC, likely price would be $3, higher prices and it most likely will sit for a while

Anyways, some players have strong interest and some do not, it’s an amazing marketplace and I love browsing cards and prices on COMC, so much available!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll just add to the other comments......

Lets say you send in 25 card. You tell them the approx value is $400 (that part doesn't really matter). You pick a processing format (express, standard, etc). This is going to affect the cost-per-card to submit them.

It's been a while, but I used to pay 25 cents per card, to have them processed.

Anyway - you'll get an email when they receive the cards. I think the cheapest option, they guarantee them listed within 3 months. It could happen sooner though.

Once they start processing them, you need to have enough credit in your account to pay for the listings.

Once they're processed, you have the ability to set the price for each card, to whatever you want.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yes. You will need to do a small bit of research on the cards you are sending to COMC. It now costs 50 cents USD per card and I think $4.00 for the package itself, whether there are 50 cards or 1 card, it will still cost at least $4.00. Cards encased in plastic (ITG or slabbed cards) will cost $1.00 each to submit. Yes, it used to cost $0.25 per card and $0.50 for slabbed.

I have never seen a subscription take longer than 2 weeks to process. On the right-hand side of your main screen on COMC you will see a list of all the cards being processed, beside each card will have a % status, even if it says 100% it will still not be processed until the 2 week mark. Even 1 card or 100 cards will take 2 weeks to process. Also my COMC account used to go into the negative if I did not have money to cover the process fees but the last time this happened I had to load money into my account to cover the costs before the cards were submitted. So that has also changed.

I really do not use COMC all that often, but I have been active there for some 10 years. It is nice for me being a Canadian that just needs a certain card from USA. I would rather pay $7 shipping and processing than $15. Even if I will not have the actual card in my possession for a whole year. I only take a delivery from COMC to my Canadian address 1-2x per year.

Please note that if you take a delivery to your COMC address (whether you send it yourself or if someone else sends it) COMC will process ALL CARDS. So if you put base cards in as decoys or protection and they are essentially worth nothing COMC will still charge you processing fees on each card. COMC will say if there are any cards you DO NOT WANT PROCESSED you must clearly mark them with a giant 'X' on the card.

I have received an e-mail from a COMC employee saying there were many base cards in the package that would not be processed and I would not pay fees for them but that has only happened 1 time and it really is not their responsibility to do such things. I think it was just an employee being pro-active and nice.

Also, few and far between does this happen but I bought 2015 Leaf Mario Lemieux Auto /5 or /10 for something like $67 USD. It was sent to COMC. It later sold for $200 USD. so I made $133 USD on a card that was never once in my possession. Not bad :)

Also one more thing, COMC takes condition into account. If there is a soft corner, a white corner, a scratch, something missing, something extra, etc it will be disclosed in the listing. So if there are let's say 5 copies of a card that are around $10 but there is also 1 listed at $6 there is a decent chance the card has some sort of flaw. Or let's say you see RPA's of players that are listed for $100 but then there is one at $50 it is most likely that the card contains a single-colour jersey or patch compared to the others that may have 2-3 breaks and 2-3+ colours. Obviously more sought after than a single-coloured swatch/patch/jersey/relic etc

Just trying to help you out... trial and error can cost more to some than it does to others :P