Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Stephen Curry addresses Robert Sarver situation

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...actly-happened

People in high positions in the NBA have been caught doing and saying stupid things and have received lengthy suspensions this off-season. First Sarver, for things he said over a period of years, and most recently Udoka for affair(s) that have occurred more recently. I posted threads on both.

In this link, Stephen Curry gives his thoughts on the Sarver situation.

Honestly I don't have sympathy for Sarver or Udoka. Their situations are different, but in today's political climate everything gets compared, so of course social media has been having all their hot takes and speculations on what they think is worse, what should have been done, how much coverage each should have received, etc.

Gone are the days where people could say "that was a jerk thing to say or do" and not split hairs over what was worse, what political ideology of theirs was most offended, and how much coverage should have been given to each event. Or maybe people did argue about those things before, but it wasn't broadcast 24/7 over social media. Probably the latter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...actly-happened

People in high positions in the NBA have been caught doing and saying stupid things and have received lengthy suspensions this off-season. First Sarver, for things he said over a period of years, and most recently Udoka for affair(s) that have occurred more recently. I posted threads on both.

In this link, Stephen Curry gives his thoughts on the Sarver situation.

Honestly I don't have sympathy for Sarver or Udoka. Their situations are different, but in today's political climate everything gets compared, so of course social media has been having all their hot takes and speculations on what they think is worse, what should have been done, how much coverage each should have received, etc.

Gone are the days where people could say "that was a jerk thing to say or do" and not split hairs over what was worse, what political ideology of theirs was most offended, and how much coverage should have been given to each event. Or maybe people did argue about those things before, but it wasn't broadcast 24/7 over social media. Probably the latter.

Have they been comparing the Suns situation with the one the Mavs had a few seasons ago? Seems like that situation mysteriously just died out with no repercussions.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Have they been comparing the Suns situation with the one the Mavs had a few seasons ago? Seems like that situation mysteriously just died out with no repercussions.

That was the first situation I thought of as well, but I haven't seen it discussed much. I guess because nothing much came of it, like you said. That and many fans have short memories.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That and many fans have short memories.

Not just the fans. The media trains people subconsciously to have no memory. Just listen to the current story and if we aren't talking about it just forget it. Pretty scary that people can just forget like it never happened a pretty big media story from a couple months or weeks ago just because the media stopped talking about it.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Have a link to rekindle my memory. It is so easy for things to die now as look at the social media folks are blaster with on a daily basis. It hard to remember the exact things that transpire from day to day let along month to month to year to year with the over saturation of the whole social media aspect of news being put out there by anyone who can type. A link to the Dallas thing as I am sure I will remember as their vocal owner been fined in the past for sure.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Have a link to rekindle my memory. It is so easy for things to die now as look at the social media folks are blaster with on a daily basis. It hard to remember the exact things that transpire from day to day let along month to month to year to year with the over saturation of the whole social media aspect of news being put out there by anyone who can type. A link to the Dallas thing as I am sure I will remember as their vocal owner been fined in the past for sure.

DON

I'm not on any social media so I don't know if this ever did get resolved but here is the link to it:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...ighlight=cuban

The Dallas Mavericks have hired outside counsel to investigate allegations of improper conduct by former team president and CEO Terdema Ussery, including inappropriate remarks and touching, as well as requests for sex.

Sports Illustrated contacted six female former Mavericks or American Airlines Center employees who claimed they left the sports sector because of a structure that left them feeling vulnerable and devalued while protecting powerful men who misbehaved. A male former department head said there was 'built-in protection for a lot of men.'

Two women claimed Ussery, 59, harassed them for years, including the aforementioned incidents ranging from inappropriate remarks and requests for sex to touching women's calves and thighs during meetings.

Another female support staffer said Ussery made sexually suggestive remarks to her in the media dining room before a game during the 2010-11 season. Ussery reportedly asked the woman if she would be having group sex that weekend.

The woman said she had been told by others to be wary of Ussery.

'It was a real life Animal House,' said one former employee who recently left the organization after five years. 'And I only say "was" because I'm not there anymore. I'm sure it's still going on.'

Ussery, who was investigated by the team over similar claims in 1998, denied the allegations in a statement to SI. He spent 18 years with the team before going to the sports apparel company Under Armour in 2015.

He reportedly resigned from Under Armour after three months of work. A company spokesperson declined to confirm when Ussery left the company or the circumstances behind his exit.

Happened in 2018 when there was a lot of accusations going around about people harassing and then the story just seemed to die out basically.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@pwaldo

Had to look up the name lol but it was before 2018:

At least he was let go. Look like he is still doing well in the job market.

DON