Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thoughts for October (could this new pricing guide challenge Beckett)

I want to stress to any members of SCF to please abide by the tags associated with accounts. I have tagged a lot of accounts without valid full names, addresses, and such. So, if you encounter a newer member that has been tagged NO Trades or Sales to not do a deal with them as more than likely they have a incomplete profile.

I know many members have complained for years that Beckett is irrelevant and a new sponsor of SCF is SCI (Sports Card Investor) which just might be what the hobby needs (real data for sales). They have given me a trial membership to view their website to see what they have to offer. I have to say their pricing model and the way it is laid out is a thing that will make Beckett irrelevant if they keep it up. If you are a member of Beckett I would definitely try it out to compare the two. I think in the end you will like how their website shows pricing hands down over the big B. There will be growing pains as they have to add all the older cards to the database but in my opinion this is the future of pricing (real data vs a dart board or some mystery pricing scheme). Being a hockey guy I know they have to add a lot of stuff to add to their inventory but if you are into the newer products and the grading side of the hobby this site has a lot going for it. If you have any questions feel free to chime in and ask questions as I did when you poke around their site in their forum on SCF here:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...-Card-Investor

I have brought up thoughts and ideas and they have been quick to get back to me on how they plan on addressing those issues.

The following is a message from SCI and a coupon for anyone wanting to try it out:

Market Movers X is here. Featuring the hobby's most powerful database and collection tracking tools, Market Movers X will help you collect like a pro. Easily chart over 1 million cards and sealed wax, use Deals to find the best prices, track your entire collection value, and more with Market Movers X.

All SportsCardForum members take 30% off for life with code SCF.

Visit marketmoversapp.com/scf to learn more!

Here is a screenshot of their pricing tiers which can fit any budget.

As always check out SCF other Sponsors:
    AOC Auction of Champion has a lot of great prices on all type of various items related to the hobby. So, feel free to check them out at below:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...n-of-Champions

ISA Grading has been around for years and when other companies were backlogged they still had a quick turnaround time and a low price fee. Great for folks who are personal collectors and not worried about the quick flip. Feel free to check out their website:
    https://www.isagrading.com

I know many of you like contests:

Check out all 10 prizes as this is just a glimpse:
    Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 3.29.11 PM.png
    World Series (pick the winner) Contest! ISAs biggest give away here yet!!!

Football season is in high gear so feel free to check out the weekly pick'ems located in the football contest forum. There will be some cool prizes. Here is a link to the forum:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...tball-Contests

Baseball always has a daily contest for a game and it is a great way to earn some reward points. I mention the reward points as it is a way to get in a free breaks using your reward points you win in various contest or just posting on scf each day. Then, if you want the cards you can pay exact shipping be it a pwe or bubble mailer. Here is a link to that forum:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/foru...eball-Contests

We had a 2021 Panini Prizm Football Blaster Box reward point break that just filled up.
    There is currently a 2021-22 panini prizm basketball blaster box reward point break ongoing,

Also, if you have any ideas, concerns, or anything you would like to bring up to the management of SCF feel free to drop me a line. My inbox is always open and I will get back to you. Hope you have a great October.\\

In closing the hockey staff is looking for a moderator or two if you would like to join the staff. If you would like to help out in other areas as well feel free to post in this thread (a tag or pm would be nice so I do not miss your reply). \
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...-the-SCF-Staff

DON
    Last edited by doniceage; 10-07-2022 at 03:30 PM.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

thank-you
    sir
    for all the hard work
    that you do around here..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

We will have MLB GTS for regular and VIP members for the playoffs

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Thanks for the info! Beckett definitely has lost out to those using real-time data -- even I tend to just look at most recent eBay sales prices over them as they just can't keep up most of the time.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the info! Beckett definitely has lost out to those using real-time data -- even I tend to just look at most recent eBay sales prices over them as they just can't keep up most of the time.

Amen to that. I know your not into the hobby like you used to be but SCI put out this video in how to use their data much like folks do with stock and such. It will be a great tool in the long term when they get more cards into the database and have more sales in their database as it seems like there will be no time limit to how far their search will go. A concern of mine would be how big of a server would they need to hold all the data. Much like the servers needed to hold the 20 plus years of SCF online posts and such. I can only imagine what it would cost to maintain.

Hope you are doing well with the kiddo Khendra.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Dallas Cowboys
    See krunchtyme's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Agreed. I look at comc and ebay over Beckett. If I can by it for .25 cents, it isn't worth $15 dollars. I'm in for a trial. Thanks Don for the hard work!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Boston Red Sox Boston Celtics
    See jonsdoe1432's Items on eBay

Thank you chief

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Agreed. I look at comc and ebay over Beckett. If I can by it for .25 cents, it isn't worth $15 dollars. I'm in for a trial. Thanks Don for the hard work!

Krunchytme,
    I think this is the future. It is up to them to make it work but if you see their vision it is what a lot of collectors want. The big issue is getting more and more cards entered into their database. The big plus I see is that the search will be forever and on rare cards 1 of 1's say in 10 years they might have the only sale price of what that 1 of 1 sold for back in 2022. Any questions you have feel free to post them up in the SCI section as they will address them.

Your welcome and if you have any thoughts or concerns just lmk.

DON

Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Thanks Don.. Your efforts at passing along information are always greatly appreciated.

It's interesting, and long over due, that a company, Market Movers, is taking a very pro active approach in determing card values. I think the majority of us in the hobby have adopted methods outside of Beckett for determining a card's worth. eBay is of some use but is not without it's own issues, sales prices can be affected by poor quality listings, sellers with low or poor feedback, shill bidding. and the degree of market volatility. All of those things must be taken into account before assessing values. Then of course there is the matter of cards that have no sales history this is where I find Beckett to be useful as it makes trading those cards a little easier. Most people look to get equal value in trades so the Beckett listings are good for compring values, within reason of course.

There are currently at least a few free sites that list recent eBay sales and I've found them to be quite useful. So I'd be curious to see what Market Movers is offering at the lowest priced service. It would seem that keeping current pricing for millions of cards is a major undertaking to the point where Beckett has simply stopped trying. I'm leaning toward giving them a try.

Don, who is "SCI" and do you have a link to the video you referenced?
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Houston Astros Kansas City Chiefs Houston Rockets
    Twitter: @jenkad18 See jkadlitz's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thank you DON!! You are the best!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast