Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2022-23 NBA Season Thread

We're finally here! NBA season officially starts tonight, although I won't be watching the meager two games on (Sixers/Celtics and Lakers/Warriors) -- for me, tomorrow is when my teams start (Thunder and Cavs), and most other teams in the league.

This thread is for any comments/observations on the 2022-23 NBA season. I hope to provide occasional analysis not just of my teams (though that will be my primary focus), but also of anything else around the league. Comment on your teams, players, and any interesting NBA things you notice this season!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thunder and Cavs lost their opening games, but both were close. I wonder if OKC will do their usual thing lately of looking competitive for about 20 games before tanking. Wembanyama and Holmgren are both tall guys with similar skill sets though, so we'll see what happens.

Cavs I think would have beaten the Raptors if Garland hadn't gotten his eyelid lacerated early. They do need to play tougher and more physical though. The Raptors basically bullied them and they didn't fight back enough. I'd like to see Mobley give more passion and effort down the stretch of games. He also needs to work on boxing out for rebounds. He showed flashes of improved ball handling and shooting early, but only flashes. I still have lots of confidence he'll get better at all these things, however. Long-term, I see him being the better player to Barnes. Mitchell, by the way, was fantastic. Couldn't have been happier with his Cavs debut. He's like Chris Paul with his phenomenal body control in getting shots off.
    Last edited by WilyWestbrook0; 10-27-2022 at 05:52 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Lakers going for the #1 pick this year? lol
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

When will LeBron James break Jabbar's Scoring record? The way the Lakers are playing and have been playing, no one really cares about his feat to come! Kinda like the hype when Aaron Judge broke the AL Homerun record and then we watched out outmanned and outclassed they played!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

LOL, yeah the Lakers are such a mess. LeBron may break Kareem's scoring record this season, but unless they make some changes, it's not going to be pretty.

Also, much as I loved Westbrook in OKC, his time with the Lakers has been indisputably embarrassing. He's already arguing with Darvin Ham over his role, but truth is he just needs to get traded already and end his career somewhere where his deficiencies aren't magnified. Unfortunately for him, going back to OKC would be a bad option as well because we can't shoot much better than the Lakers, LOL!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Lakers lose again. 0-5!

Thankfully I didn't watch them but instead watched the GREAT overtime game between the Cavaliers and Celtics. Caris LeVert and Donovan Mitchell both scored in the 40s and beat the Celtics. Definitely one of the best regular season games I've ever seen; had a playoff level of intensity. I can't wait to see what Cleveland does once Garland's nasty eyelid injury heals. There is SO much potential on that team if the chemistry continues to grow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See shockwiresports's Items on eBay

So many storylines so far this NBA season!

Lakers have just been terrible so far, going to need their 3rd and 4th scorers to really step up (Lonnie Walker, Dennis Schroeder when healthy)

Trae Young and the Hawks lost to Giannis again but they have looked good!

Sixers starting to break out and will be Maxey’s big season

Cade Cunningham starting to heat up

The Jazz were predicted to be outside the playoffs or worse but they just took down another playoff team in Memphis yesterday (without Ja though)

Lots of great games today, let’s see what happens!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

So many storylines so far this NBA season!

Lakers have just been terrible so far, going to need their 3rd and 4th scorers to really step up (Lonnie Walker, Dennis Schroeder when healthy)

Trae Young and the Hawks lost to Giannis again but they have looked good!

Sixers starting to break out and will be Maxey’s big season

Cade Cunningham starting to heat up

The Jazz were predicted to be outside the playoffs or worse but they just took down another playoff team in Memphis yesterday (without Ja though)

Lots of great games today, let’s see what happens!

The Jazz being good has been quite surprising so far. I will say that Markkanen was a piece a lot of Cavalier fans wish we could have held onto. He seemed like the guy who would eventually replace Love's role. He's doing great for the Jazz. If we could have sent away Okoro, that would have been the best, but no one wants Okoro because he sucks, so I get it. We're THRILLED with Donovan though and it seems like the trade ended up helping both teams.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL, yeah the Lakers are such a mess. LeBron may break Kareem's scoring record this season, but unless they make some changes, it's not going to be pretty.

Also, much as I loved Westbrook in OKC, his time with the Lakers has been indisputably embarrassing. He's already arguing with Darvin Ham over his role, but truth is he just needs to get traded already and end his career somewhere where his deficiencies aren't magnified. Unfortunately for him, going back to OKC would be a bad option as well because we can't shoot much better than the Lakers, LOL!

All Lebron is playing for is the scoring record and to play with his son My Little Bronny. Other than that the Lakers aren't doing anything.

Also a bit weird how another supposedly all time great Westbrook plays like garbage with James. He's either cursed or he should have never been labeled with the "makes players better around him" the media tried to attach to him years ago. If anything the dude is a career killer.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Cavaliers pulled off another OT win vs. the Celtics, this time with Darius Garland back in the lineup! Had playoff like intensity. Great game. I'm very excited about the Cavs this season. They should definitely make the playoffs this time and maybe even make a run; I think they can get to at least the Semis if they keep clicking, and of course if they stay healthy. They showed signs last season but ran out of gas and had health problems. Now they have Donovan Mitchell! He's been amazing and I can't wait for more!

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast