Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Tampa Bay Lightning suspend Ian Cole after woman accused him of sexually abusing and grooming her

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...man-minor.html

The Tampa Bay Lightning has suspended defenseman Ian Cole pending an investigation into allegations made on social media that he sexually abused a woman when she was a minor.

The Lightning said Sunday night they were fully cooperating with the NHL on an investigation and were making the decision to suspend Cole until they gather more details.

It's the latest off-ice scandal to rock hockey and bring the sport's culture into question.

'Our organization takes these allegations very seriously,' the team said in a statement. 'No members of the organization, including players, will comment further at this time.'

Cole, 33, said in a statement sent by agent Kevin Magnuson that he completely denies the allegations and will cooperate with the league, team and their legal departments in the forthcoming investigation.

'I take the allegations made against me today in an anonymous tweet very seriously,' Cole said. 'I look forward to clearing my name and demonstrating to the NHL and the Tampa Bay Lightning that these allegations are unfounded.'

In an anonymous statement posted to Twitter on Friday, the female accuser alleged Cole pressured her into having sex multiple times when she was a minor after he had reached the NHL.

She accused Cole of pressuring her to engage in acts against her will, alleging he refused to wear condoms except on occasion to humiliate her with accusations she was 'riddled with STDs', and also asked her to bring other high-school age girls to meet him.

The Twitter user called on the NHL to hold itself and its players accountable for creating an environment of misogynistic and predatory behavior.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The article you posted is from October 10, and the issue was investigated by the NHL, they could not find any supporting evidence and the person who made the anonymous allegation would not respond to contact requests from the League for their investigation. Cole has been reinstated by the Lightning upon completion of the League's investigation on Saturday October 15.

NHL investigation finds no evidence to support anonymous allegations against Ian Cole - TSN.ca

NEW YORK (AP) — The NHL said Saturday it found no evidence to substantiate allegations posted on social media against Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Ian Cole and has concluded its investigation.The league said it was unable to make contact with the anonymous source of the Oct. 7 social media post in the investigation conducted by its Security and Legal departments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Yes he's been cleared.