Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Is Aaron Judge done in New York?

Read this on ESPN and thought I should share it!

After Yankees' ALCS loss, is Aaron Judge done in New York? (espn.com)

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I read how the Giants want to sign him and I believe he grew up in the area. I still lean towards him staying in NY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If he is done with the Yankees that means that Rizzo won't come back which basically means the Yankees will be in some rebuild mode with what's left of the roster. Not many free agent guys I would even want to sign for the team anyway this year.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

I'd let him go. Chances are he wont replicate this past season. Maris didn't, Greenberg,Wilson, Foxx,didn't,stanton hasn't. All approached the 60 hr mark in their career, never coming anywhere close again, though most played multiple seasons after hitting 55+ hrs in one season

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

I agree. I don't think he hits over 45 again as a yankee. The reason: the pressure to hit 60 again which we already saw get to him + if they pay him, they won't have enough $ to field a strong enough team to support multiple 60 hr bid seasons. Either way, the Dodgers are going to cripple the yankees by driving up the price to insane numbers even if yankees do resign him.
    Yankees + Todd Greene collector. There are tens of thousands of Yankees I need. My grail card is a 2005 Topps Pristine Fielder's Choice Glove Relics #TG Todd Greene.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

Sosa and McGwire are the only two in history with more than one 60+ hr season.

Bonds never hit more than 49 in a season outside of his big year, although he was walked around 200 times each season in the three years that followed - but still...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (75) Hobby Insider
    Country

But those 2 players you mentioned, Used Juice, like Bonds and Canseco.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Baltimore Orioles Washington Nationals

And, don't forget, 'Babe" Ruth was the ONLY, yes ONLY, one to hit 60 (or more) in a season that didn't have 162 games to do it in (his seasons were in the 150+ games, I think up to only 154). Maris didn't 'catch" up & beyond Ruth than after game #154.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees

@capt55 - exactly! the only two players to ever repeat the feat were doing it with assistance, which makes the odds even more unlikely that Judge can do it again. He would be the first player ever to do it twice legitimately.

Is it possible? Perhaps.

Is it likely? Not a whole lot given he'll be supported by a lineup that is weakened by his lofty contract in NY or he'll have to play way more games in less hitter-friendly parks than Yankee Stadium.

Maybe if he went to Colorado....but otherwise it's hard to imagine.

And even if he did repeat in NY, it would be at the expense of them fielding a team that could win it all.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Sosa and McGwire are the only two in history with more than one 60+ hr season.

Bonds never hit more than 49 in a season outside of his big year, although he was walked around 200 times each season in the three years that followed - but still...

I thought those two would be brought out, but we know how they did it, pretty much beyond reasonable doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast