Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Spurs waive Josh Primo for non-basketball reasons; Primo issues statement on mental health

https://sports.yahoo.com/joshua-prim...233436983.html

Teams don't typically outright waive players for mental health, especially ones they recently have given an option contract to. I'm guessing Primo did something very, very, very bad off the court and is saying trauma is related to whatever horrible thing he did. I'm sure more details will be forthcoming in the upcoming days once anything legal gets sorted out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure more details will be forthcoming in the upcoming days once anything legal gets sorted out.

Wouldn't bet on it. Did we ever get the details on the NBA coach that was suspended for having sexual relations with one of his employees yet?

I feel bad with people suffering from mental health but the way the Spurs are treating this it doesn't seem like just normal "mental health problems". They supposedly removed his jersey and any mention of him from their official website from what I'm hearing. Why erase him THAT quickly if it is something benign.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wouldn't bet on it. Did we ever get the details on the NBA coach that was suspended for having sexual relations with one of his employees yet?

I feel bad with people suffering from mental health but the way the Spurs are treating this it doesn't seem like just normal "mental health problems". They supposedly removed his jersey and any mention of him from their official website from what I'm hearing. Why erase him THAT quickly if it is something benign.

Well Udoka was just suspended and we know it was diddling an employee whereas Primo issued a statement on his mental health and said he wants to help people with similar issues. So he's going to talk about it when he's able.

Agreed that there's more to it than mental health. And yeah they removed his jersey. I hope it's not something like child sexual abuse but it wouldn't surprise me based on how the team acted and what Primo said about enduring trauma.

SCF Rewards
    Country

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...sed-women.html

The San Antonio Spurs' release of Josh Primo stemmed from multiple allegations of the guard exposing himself to women, according to reports.

The Spurs waived Primo on Friday, surprisingly cutting ties with the No. 12 pick in the 2021 NBA draft.

The team suddenly announced they had cut the second-year guard, 19, who played just four games this season, before its game against the Chicago Bulls Friday night.

The announcement was a shock with the franchise exercising the $4.3million 2023-24 option on his contract just two weeks ago.

The decision reportedly came following multiple allegations of the promising 19-year-old indecently exposing himself to women, according to ESPN.

The Athletic's Shams Charania additionally reported that a former Spurs female employee alleged that Primo exposed himself to her.

She has reportedly hired attorney Tony Buzbee, who represented the women in the sexual misconduct lawsuits against Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Further details came out today:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...to-her-9-times

Allegedly nine times to the team psychologist in the last year.