Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Share your Customer Service Issues that you have with Panini, Upper Deck, Leaf, Sage, and others.

First off II want this to be a thread where we can share what we are dealing with in the hobby when it comes to customer service no matter what card company we may be dealing with.. Feel free to share your information and please try to share all the facts (pictures, texts, e-mails, etc. so everything is transparent). Without that here is a recent one I had with Panini over a redemption I been waiting for over 10 years approximately.

So, the card in question is a 2011 Panini Timeless Treasures Championship Season Materials Signatures of Steve Young. Looking at the Panini store where I can spend those reward points there is nothing close to that card that I can get for 400 points. So, I felt definitely short changed. Here is a link to the store https://www.paniniamerica.net/rewards.html to see what 400 reward points can get you. So I did the only thing logical thing and bombed the phone line to Panini Customer Service one day until I finally got a actual rep instead of getting the ole Please Leave a Message (why leave a message when they never call you back). Heck, still no responses to the several e-mails I left concerning this card so why would they return a call LOL.

To present the facts I had to call them this many times to get thru.

IMG_4017.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 3.39.32 PM.png

Perhaps they need to hire another customer service rep to help with all those calls they are missing. So upon finally getting thru and having the lady asking me what she could to help me. I gave her the number for the case and she found my card and said I had been waiting quite a while for this card. Hence, why the supervisor had closed all my long waiting redemptions. I asked her if I could talk to the person who offered the reward points for the card as they closed out all my other outstanding redemptions which they gave me a 150 reward points. She said she could not give me the name or number for the supervisor who closed out all my redemptions for the points. I explained that there was no way that the was fair as I had did comps off ebay sales of similar cards from the set and other Steve Young auto and jerseys. She then proceeded to tell me the that they look at ebay comps and such to give a fair value.. She even gave me the old point of view that my card might have been worth a lot when it was released (I.E. like a hot rookie). I asked her if she knew who Steve Young was and she was like yeah I know who he is. So, I explained he is a hall of fame player and the card in questions is a low print auto/jersey card hence the value has not dropped since it was released like she was mentioning. In the end basically I was told there was nothing she could do. Of course she said she would have a supervisor get in touch with me as I was not happy and wanted to talk to someone besides her. So, now I have to set a chunk of a hour or two to bombard the phones to just get thru to talk to a customer rep again to say let me talk to someone in charge as they have not followed up with my request of talking to someone who is in charge or the e-mails I sent regarding not being happy on the value. Now most of the cards were low end rookies with the best card being a auto out of a 100 which I have no complaints them closing them out but 400 points for a Steve Young auto/jersey is way too low.

Look on ebay and you will see this in a quick search. The actual card by a ebay seller looking for a nice amount:

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 3.48.33 PM.png

We can go a step further and just do a search Steve Young auto jersey 20 on completed sales and a few show up below.

Screen Shot 2022-10-31 at 3.50.50 PM.png

So, I definitely do not think the supervisor working at Panini who closed out my redemptions is in touch with reality of what is a fair offer when offering reward points for a card that can sell for a $100 dollars and up. If any of you have any suggestions of a number or person that I might actually be able to talk to and present the issue too, I would be greatly appreciative. I had a member give me a e-mail address to try but no response after a week plus sending the e-mail outlining my issue above. Thanks for reading and I would like to know your thoughts of if you think Panini is fair in their offer or totally off their rocker?

In the end feel free to share your issues or stories you had with whatever company as I know sometimes they hook you up and sometimes you come out on the losing end.

Don

Baseball Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Pistons Detroit Lions Detroit Red Wings
    See cramkd117's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow 400 points for a Steve Young auto? Heck i got 200 for a no name Hockey guy!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow 400 points for a Steve Young auto? Heck i got 200 for a no name Hockey guy!

That is what is pretty frustrating to say the least. Pretty sad when it customer service will not help you out to resolve your situation.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Colorado Rockies Boston Celtics
    See Nomahlovesyah's Items on eBay

@doniceage

I DO NOT BUY PANINI PRODUCTS ANYMORE EVER.

They have had two open redemptions for over two YEARS for me….no response to emails….and I have NEVER reached anyone in customer service

They are terrible. They do not deserve our business.
    4X SCF Trader of the Month. Please check out my Card Opening YouTube channel!
    Hidden Content I PC Pete Alonso, Triston Casas, Zac Veen, Jim Rice, Luis Robert, Will Clark, Todd Helton, Bobby Dalbec, Jarren Duran, Troy Tulowitzki, Cole Tucker, NOMAH, Rockies/Red Sox Auto’s, Heritage variations, Real One Autos, Topps Photo Variations (SP and SSP), and cards numbered 4/10 (my bday). Cards FT: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

@doniceage

I DO NOT BUY PANINI PRODUCTS ANYMORE EVER.

They have had two open redemptions for over two YEARS for me….no response to emails….and I have NEVER reached anyone in customer service

They are terrible. They do not deserve our business.

I know I have not bought any hobby boxes from them in quite sometime. I used to do case breaks of their stuff which some of us in the breaks got redemptions which is where I got a ton of the hockey redemptions to begin with LOL.. I did get thru a customer service rep as I called before but I had to stay on the phone continuously for over 30 plus minutes just to get thru. Then basically told I was out of luck if I was unhappy with their valuation. I guess they do not even believe in the customer is right LOL.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Alabama Crimson Tide Cleveland Indians

I agree with Josh. Although I like some of the designs on the cards that Panini produces, I will not buy their products unless we see a dramatic improvement in their customer response to the hobby in the future.

I submitted a damaged Patrick Mahomes card more than 1 1/2 years ago to Panini and left numerous phone messages and emails. The card was submitted per certified mail as per instructions on their site with no response whatsoever other than I have an apparent worthless case number that was assigned once they received the card. I check periodically and there's been no update since the initial submission.

Panini has way too many products in the market, in my opinion, which reminds of the overproduction in the late 80s and early 90s, and we all know what happened back then. All you have to do is take a look at a monthly Beckett Football magazine for example to see the craziness of listings on page after page after page just in a recent year. I only collect baseball and football so I can't speak for Panini's response, or lack of, for the basketball and hockey collectors but I can't imagine that being any better since those sports are probably smaller percentages of their revenues.

I just hope that customer service will be good with the new owner of Topps products going forward.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree with Josh. Although I like some of the designs on the cards that Panini produces, I will not buy their products unless we see a dramatic improvement in their customer response to the hobby in the future.

I submitted a damaged Patrick Mahomes card more than 1 1/2 years ago to Panini and left numerous phone messages and emails. The card was submitted per certified mail as per instructions on their site with no response whatsoever other than I have an apparent worthless case number that was assigned once they received the card. I check periodically and there's been no update since the initial submission.

Panini has way too many products in the market, in my opinion, which reminds of the overproduction in the late 80s and early 90s, and we all know what happened back then. All you have to do is take a look at a monthly Beckett Football magazine for example to see the craziness of listings on page after page after page just in a recent year. I only collect baseball and football so I can't speak for Panini's response, or lack of, for the basketball and hockey collectors but I can't imagine that being any better since those sports are probably smaller percentages of their revenues.

I just hope that customer service will be good with the new owner of Topps products going forward.

Don,
    I just hope the case of what happened to me does not happen to you. As the service rep told me they are trying to close out old cases as they have a time table on it which why all of my redemptions were closed out LOL. Of course for no name cards I recieved 200 reward points but for my Hall of Fame Steve Young auto/jersey I received 400 points. I hope you get more reward points for your Patrick Mahomes (best of luck).

DON