Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Hall of Fame pitcher Gaylord Perry passes away at 84

https://www.mlb.com/news/gaylord-perry-passes-away

Gaylord Perry, whose Hall of Fame pitching career will be forever linked with the spitball, died at his home in Gaffney, S.C., of natural causes on Thursday morning. He was 84.

Perry remained vigorous during most of his retirement, as he worked on his farm in Spruce Pine, N.C. He also religiously attended events, such as statue dedications and World Series ring ceremonies, with fellow Giants Hall of Famers. But his presence at such gatherings became sporadic in recent years.

Perry became the first pitcher to win a Cy Young Award in each league, capturing the honor in 1972 with Cleveland and in '78 with San Diego. In 22 Major League seasons, he compiled a 314-265 record with a 3.11 ERA and 3,534 strikeouts. He was a big league vagabond late in his career, eventually playing for eight teams: Giants, Indians, Rangers, Padres, Yankees, Braves, Mariners and Royals.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Ssd to see this as he was a great pitcher that I can only imagine what he could have done if he had played with some awesome teams.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

So true Don but RIP brother!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content