Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

1930s/40s Chicago White Sox Team Baseball Autographs ID (maybe Comiskey?) (updated w/ clearer pics)

While cleaning up my parent's house (they are moving) I found this old baseball. (Unfortunately it is in rather poor shape, hence the multiple photos from different angles.)

This used to be sitting on my grandma's shelf. My dad said that it was probably signed by 1930s/1940s Chicago White Sox Players.

Apparently, my great-grandfather managed a famous country club on the south side of Chicago in the 30s/40s. Lots of famous people came through (including the White Sox) and he got their autos.

There seems to be a “Charles Comiskey” auto on it.

I was just wondering if anyone knew who signed this baseball?

(Note this is an update to a previous post I did on this. I have added a lot clearer photos.)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @CrdboyC See pcuff14's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

From what I can see, and I am no expert, is that 30s-40s CWS seems right. I can make out Luke Appling, Ted Lyons, Pete Appleton and Larry Rosenthal who all played with the Sox during that period. Comiskey died in 1931, so your great grandfather might have gotten him earlier or right before he died. Again, not an expert, but it's a really cool ball with a great story.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Side 3, last signature, appears to be Cubs HOFer Joe Tinker who is a tough signature. I compared it to some of the PSA examples on their website and I would say it is probably good. I can't find any information that he coached with the White Sox though. He spent a lot of his post-playing career in Florida.
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors