Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Anyone else following the Drama?

Sports Card Radio vs. Sports Card Investor?

Lawsuits.....accusations?

Mis-spent PPP money?

Whose side you on?

Your thoughts
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

If you can hit me with the links.

Thanks usually spend all my time here so unless it comes across my Facebook page I miss it. Appreciate a link to read it for sure.
    @cjb

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Notre Dame Fighting Irish San Francisco Giants
    COMC Cards For Sale

Radio makes alot of great points and if the accusations are false then where's the lawsuit instead of just the threats

I like what radio does, showing the parts of the hobby that don't add up
    always looking for
    John Gibson
    jamie drysdale
    Devon levi
    Yarasov askarov

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Radio makes alot of great points and if the accusations are false then where's the lawsuit instead of just the threats

I like what radio does, showing the parts of the hobby that don't add up

They expose a lot of stuff good and bad but it pertinent to get facts and one thing I hate about video's is you can splice anything to make your point while not sharing all the facts.. Lord, knows I seen too many soundbites of politicians that never happened when you pay it in it entirety.. I only read the basics of the cards which sold were worth a 200,000 loss and Geoff clawed he was showing off personal cards not investments etc. Also, the Ken Goldin lawsuit against the swim club which was settled supposedly. All, I know is this hobby is has a handful of scumbags and they all want to make a quick buck (look at all the social influencers). It is great to get the news out but in today time the news is all about getting the news out the fastest not so much about telling the story in full detail with all the pertinent facts. Why, because you will have someone else reporting it before you do as many sources fail to fact check imo. Even though you might do a better job reporting and sharing all the facts folks have moved on to the next new fad or facet in the hobby and could care less about getting the full story. Kind of like retractions when a paper admits they are wrong and the retraction is buried on page f14 where nobody can see it but the story that drug you thru the dirt was on the front page.

Thanks for the links much appreciated.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Going to need to see some cliff notes on this thing
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Going to need to see some cliff notes on this thing

- Sports Card Investor took out PPP loans during the pandemic
    - Sports Card Radio found this out a month ago
    - Sports Card Investor said he used it to meet his businesses payroll which were effected by the pandemic
    - Sports Card Radio questioned why someone who is independently wealthy needs government money
    - Sports Card Investor says he needed it to keep his businesses afloat.
    - Sports Card Radio suggests that he perhaps used some PPP money to fund is Sportscard investments
    - Sports Card Investor says "Are you accusing my of using PPP loans to buy high end sports cards?"
    - Sports Card Radio says "Perhaps"
    - Sports Card Investor threatens a lawsuit
    - Sports Card Radio responds by saying "Suck my PPP"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Steve,
    So let me ask you a question what is the matter with taking out a PPP loan (my thoughts)? I can see where it if you are truly rich and you believe in doing the right thing there is no need to take out the loan. Just, in today climate it seems that a lot of the rich folks take advantage of the system (that is just my thinking). Rich folks have tax attorneys looking for every loophole to save a buck. Heck, they might even get the loans forgiven which only makes them more wealthy in the long run while the taxpayers fund it. Is it the wrong thing to do morally I think you cannot disagree (as the money could be used for some business that truly needed it). In the letter of the law is it wrong if the government allows you to do it I am guessing not otherwise the government would go after them as I know the IRS has gone after business who made false claims for PPP funds. I think it great that Sports Card Radio brings this up but the problem. Problem is you have to have integrity and when you go out and make attacks with false claims you need to back it up and from what I read on a quick search on the net SCR does not always do that. Did they not call Sasha T (might not be spelled correctly) a terrorist and Jimmy Roadshow a pedophile from what I read on the net. None of this is fact checked so what is true? I am not sure I seen claims where SCR took down a piece about one of the attacks as they took so much backlash from it but never offered a retraction. So, so much for integrity as to me that goes both ways. I mean let just stick to the facts I mean when you use the quote PERHAPS that is not much of a fact check imo. Of course they might have presented facts just using your cliff note for saying that.

P.s. Chime in I love seeing discussions like this as I do not have time to read and view all the content on the media concerning the hobby. So, if folks can break it down and present it all I appreciate it.
    @cjb

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's nothing wrong with taking out a PPP loan, P Waldo wanted cliff notes so I gave them to him. I'm just presenting both sides of the argument.

Shouldn't have put 'perhaps' in quotes, but using PPP money for sports cards is what SCR is sort of ensuing SCI did.
    Personally I'm leaning on the side of SCI in this argument. Why should you spend your own money on something that wasn't your fault (Pandemic+Lockdowns) regardless of your own personal wealth. I do agree that you need proof that he spent the money on his card hobby, and SCR hasn't proved their case yet.

I think the attacks on SCI are personal. He's only had his youtube channel for 3 years yet he's amassed has a good number of views and subscribers.

My guess is that many experienced collectors probably don't like him because they view him as this 'Johnny come Lately' guy whose been on social media for only a few years and yet is giving 'investment' advice when it comes to sports cards. (Not my personal view)
    Last edited by cjb; 12-30-2022 at 03:47 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As you said I like the arguments on both sides as you can argue any side of the issue. Of course if your going to present a argument or vilify someone for it be prepared to offer some facts of why you are doing so. I think many people think they just make the video as attention grab which I do not fault any entity for doing so. I mean is that not the way social media works. Of course if you look at the various thing he has used this to also attack people with really any justification to do so. Feel free to share more as it develops.

DON