Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

IP-Chicago and burbs:arfmax:2023

New year, hope there are even more opportunities for IP autographs for myself and everyone else who collects.

On Friday, I went to the G-League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Lakeland Magic. Prior to the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by former Gonzaga Bulldogs guard Joel Ayayi, and 3 cards signed by former Orlando Magic player, and now assistant coach Johnny Taylor. After the game, I was able to get 2 cards signed by 2020 first round pick of the Orlando Magic, RJ Hampton. I was trying to get Admiral Schofield, but even though he is on the current Lakeland roster, he seems to be currently playing in the NBA with Orlando, so he wasn't present.

Photo of the Lakeland Magic cards:

-arfmax

Total IP autos in 2023: 7
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

07-Jan-2023

Last Saturday, I went to the G-League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Lakeland Magic. I had gone the night before and gotten all of the Lakeland Magic cards I was going to get done, after the game, the full Windy City Bulls team was on the court signing autographs, so I got my one Marko Simonovic card signed.
    Photo of the Simonovic auto:

-arfmax

Total IP autos in 2023: 8

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

14-Jan-2023

Last night, I went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Cleveland Charge in Hoffman Estates, IL. Prior to the game, I was able to get one card signed by 2021 2nd Round Draft Pick Sharife Cooper. After the game, I was able to get two cards signed by former Milwaukee Bucks player Sam Merrill. Finally, I was able to get two cards signed by former NBA star Kendall Gill, who was announcing the game. I was hoping to get autographs from assistant coach Daniel "Boobie" Gibson, who played for the Cleveland Cavaliers, but apparently, as a part of the NBA Assistant Coaches Program, he doesn't travel with the team, as I did not see him among the Charge coaches.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autos in 2023: 13

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

18-Feb-2023

Two Saturday's ago, I went to the 5th occurrence of a new card show, which had 1 paid autograph guest (Steve Larmer), and 1 autograph guest who was $20, but you got a show credit of the same amount, along with free admission and free parking in Rosemont, IL. I was able to get 1 card signed from former Chicago Blackhawk Andrew Shaw.

Photo of the Andrew Shaw auto:

-arfmax

Total IP autos in 2023: 14

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

05-Mar-2023

Sunday, I went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Westchester Knicks. This was the 2nd time in two weeks that they played in Hoffman Estates, IL, but the first time, the head coach was coaching a team in a tournament in Africa, and he was the main guy I wanted. So, the tournament ended, and he is back with the Knicks. Prior to the game, I was able to get 4 cards signed by the head coach, former Mavs/Cavs/Bobcats center DeSagana Diop. Also prior to the game, got 1 card by former Utah Jazz guard Justin Wright-Foreman. At halftime, I was able to get two cards signed by New York Knicks 2nd round pick out of Duke, guard Trevor Keels, and finally, I got two cards signed by 2018 2nd round pick of the Orlando Magic, guard Melvin Frazier, who was injured and did not play, but was with the team on the bench.

Photo of the Westchester Knicks autos:

-arfmax

Total IP autos in 2023: 23

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

16-Mar-2023

Yesterday I went to an electronics store that was hosting a watch company sponsored appearance by former Chicago Bulls center and member of the Pro Basketball Hall of Fame, Artis Gilmore. Originally they said he wouldn't have time to sign any outside items, but the line was much shorter than expected, and I was able to go through the line twice with the hosts permission and get two cards signed from the A-Train, for free.

Photo of the Artis Gilmore autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 25

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

19-Mar-2023

Sunday, I went to the G League game between the Windy City Bulls and the Maine Celtics. Prior to the game, I was able to get two cards signed by former Chicago Bulls player Denzel Valentine, who currently is on the Maine Celtics roster. I tried to get former Chicago Bulls and Milwaukee Bucks guard Tony Snell, but he wouldn't even look up. Weird, as I got him a few times when he was with the Bulls and with the Bucks, and he was very friendly. Anyway, after the game, I was able to get 4 cards signed by former San Antonio Spurs 1st round draft pick Luka Samanic, and I was able to get 4 cards signed from former Brooklyn Nets first round draft pick Mfiondu Kabengele. The funny thing is, there is no way to recognize a single letter in any of the 10 cards signed. Going to one more home game for Windy City against the College Park Skyhawks, hoping to get a bunch from both sides.

Photo of the autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 35

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

23-Mar-2023

Last home game of the season for the Windy City Bulls, against the College Park Skyhawks. Prior to the game, I was able to get three cards signed by former Minnesota center Daniel Oturu, who is on the Windy City team. Then, as the players came out for warmups, I was able to get two cards signed by Anthony "Cat" Barber, a former NC State star, currently with the Skyhawks. After the game, I was able to get 4 cards signed by former New York Knicks star Langston Galloway, the first undrafted player in Knicks history to make an NBA All-Rookie team. I was also able to get two cards signed by 2022 2nd round draft pick Tyrese Martin, who was not playing in the game, but was on the bench in street clothes. Finally, after the game, the Windy City Bulls had two players at a table on the concourse signing autographs, and I was finally able to get three cards signed by former Gonzaga star Jeremy Pargo, who plays for Windy City. The only autos I missed were former Chicago Bulls center Will Perdue, who was announcing the game, but was busy broadcasting when I went by, and I didn't want to disturb him.

Photo of the Windy City autos:

Photo of the College Park Skyhawks autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 49

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

15-Apr-2023

Had nothing on the calendar for the weekend, so decided to drive 3 hours to Indianapolis to see two games of the Indianapolis Indians against the St. Paul Saints, the AAA teams of the Pittsburgh Pirates and Minnesota Twins, respectively. Saturday was beautiful, and I stayed on the Indians side. The players were reasonably friendly about signing, but they would only sign one card, and one guy even personalized every auto! I was able to get two autographs on cards from pitching coach, and former Oakland Athletics pitcher Dan Meyer (the only 2 I got), 1 card signed by Pirates shortstop prospect Nick Gonzalez, who personalized the card to me (there were two cards on the page, he ignored the 2nd), 1 card signed by former New York Yankees slugger Miguel Andujar (there were 4 cards on the page, he only touched one), 1 card signed by Pirates outfield prospect Cal Mitchell (there were 4 cards on the page, he asked 'which one?'), 1 card signed by one of the top prospects in the organization, catcher Endy Rodriguez (I only had one card), and finally 1 card signed by former Colorado Rockies outfielder Ryan Vilade (there were three cards on the page, and he asked 'which one?' as well. There were 2 adults (including me), and 5 kids, so it's not like they were busy. I was just surprised at the consistent single card signed. I was not able to get anything signed from Travis Swaggerty (he was sick and not in attendance), former Diamondbacks infielder Chris Owings (never saw him), pitcher Caleb Smith, Carmen Mlodzinski, head coach Miguel Perez, former Angels/Rockies/Cubs pitcher Tyler Chatwood, catching prospect Grant Koch, pitcher Yohan Ramirez, catcher Tyler Heineman, starting pitcher Quinn Priester, or hitting coach Eric Munson. Did better on Sunday, will post later.

Picture of the Indianapolis Indians autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 56

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

16-Apr-2023

Stayed overnight in Indy and went to the day game between the St. Paul Saints and the Indianapolis Indians. It poured all morning, and was 46 degrees. I decided to try the St. Paul Saints side, and prior to the game, I was able to get 1 card signed (only had 1) from former Reds outfielder Ryan LaMarre, 3 cards signed by former Washington Nationals outfielder Andrew Stevenson, 2 cards signed by Minnesota Twins pitching prospect Jordan Balazovic, and 2 cards signed by Minnesota Twins pitcher Randy Dobnak. Finally, I was able to get my ticket stub signed by 2x All-Star and 2x Gold Glove Award winner Joey Gallo, who was rehabbing in the minors. I didn't know he was on the roster until the Saturday evening game, so I unfortunately did not have any cards for him, and a guy who was also getting signatures had 10 different cards, but they were all minor league team sets, and he only had one of each. The Saints were friendlier, with the notable exception of former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Aaron Sanchez, who completely ignored me as he walked past me, refused to look at me and said nothing. On the positive, there was a guy there who was getting photos with the Saints players, and he recognized every one of them, the only 1 I could pick out was Randy Dobnak.

Photo of the St. Paul Saints autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 65

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast