Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants Philadelphia Phillies New Jersey Devils
    See arfmax's Items on eBay

18-May-2023

The Kane County Cougars, of the American Association, had Football Night on Thursday evening, and they advertised photos and autos with current Chicago Bears Cole Kmet and Larry Borom for an hour after the first pitch. I was able to get 3 cards signed by current Chicago Bears tight end Kmet, and 3 cards signed by current Chicago Bears offensive lineman Borom.

Photo of the Bears autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 71
    Working on autographed 1987 Topps Baseball set:
    Total Cards in Set:792/Total Autographable: 760 (6 Checklists, 26 Team Leaders)
    Total Autographed:639!
    Currently Sent (Outstanding):44
    Percent Complete:84.1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Awesome hits - any Kmet or Boroms available?
    Collect HOF ROMLB SS balls (Have 35, always looking for more)
    Trying to complete 2016 Topps Heritage Minor League Set (199/215)
    2016 Cubs World Series signed WS ROMLB (8/25)
    2018 Bowman Draft 169/200
    2020 Bowman Draft 121/200

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

19-May-2023

Yesterday, I went to the home opener of the Schaumburg Boomers vs the Windy City Thunderbolts of the Frontier League. Prior to the game, I was able to get two cards signed by former Toronto Blue Jays catching prospect Matt Morgan, 6 cards signed by former MLB pitcher Jaret wright, who is the current pitching coach of the Windy City Thunderbolts, and 9 cards signed by former MLB slugger Richie Sexson, who is the current Thunderbolts manager.

Photo of the Thunderbolts autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 88

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome hits - any Kmet or Boroms available?

Possibly, are you looking to buy or trade?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Bears Chicago Bulls

Possibly, are you looking to buy or trade?

Trade

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jaret Wright takes me back...near the end of his career he was in ST with the Orioles in Ft Lauderdale and I remember him being a pretty difficult get
    Owner of 244 unique Baseball HOFer Autographs

Collecting signed sets: 14, 15, 16, 18, 19 Topps Heritage Minors

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Jaret Wright takes me back...near the end of his career he was in ST with the Orioles in Ft Lauderdale and I remember him being a pretty difficult get

I have found most players who become coaches and managers are much more mellow. Jared Wright was friendly, and someone else I spoke to said he will sign anything at the field.

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

21-May-2023

Yesterday, I went to the American Association game between the Chicago Dogs and the Fargo-Moorhead Red Hawks in Rosemont, IL. The Dogs are doing family fun days on Sundays, which means that they have catch on the field before the game, and then all of the players and coaches are supposed to come out onto the outfield for 20 minutes or so and sign autographs. They have done this the last few years, and it is great, you can get the autos you need from the Dogs, and then when that ends, the other team still hasn't come out of the clubhouse, so you can get them as well. The Dogs don't have many players with cards this year, I was able to get three cards signed from former MLB pitcher and Dogs pitching coach Stewart/Stu Cliburn and 2 cards signed by former Chicago Cubs reliever Brian Schlitter. The manager, Butch Hobson, recently had leg surgery, so he is not currently with the team. Hopefully he will be back in June or July, and hopefully, he won't need his cane on the field. I was also trying to get former Kansas City Royals outfielder Nick Heath, however, he did not come out with the full team during the session. Not sure if he chose not to, or was getting treatment, or what. He was announced as the starting center fielder, so after the session, I finally caught up to him (he was the last guy onto the field before the game started), and asked him if he would sign. I had three different rookie cards on a board, and he signed the middle one and walked off. I thanked him, and am happy for 1 autograph, but maybe he doesn't like to sign? Oh well, if he remains with the team, I'll get him on the other two cards eventually.
    Photo of the Dogs autos:

From the Fargo-Morehead side, I was also able to get former Colorado Rockies prospect Correlle Prime to sign two cards, he is an infielder, but is trying to be a pitcher this year, to varying degrees of success, and I was able to get Philadelphia Phillies World Series Champion catcher Chris Coste, who signed three cards. He is bringing his dog with him on the road, and the dog, Summer, is runs around the outfield pregame, chases an old wooden bat, and stays in the dugout for the game. I was trying to get former Chicago White Sox pitcher Jeff Bittiger, who is a player personnel director for F-M, but apparently he had caught a flight out at 7 am on Sunday morning, so won't be able to get him this year.

Photo of the RedHawks autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 99

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

interested in autos of current/recent Phillies or NY Giants

TTM Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

23-May-2023

Took the day off today and went to the School Day Game between the Windy City Thunderbolts and the Tri City Valleycats of the Frontier League in Crestwood, IL. The game started at 10:35 am, which was a first for me. I was trying to get the Valleycats, and this series is the only one when they will be near me this season, but all three games in the series are at 10:35 am. Anyway, prior to the game, I was able to get two cards signed by former New York Yankees shortstop prospect Cito Culver, 8 cards signed by former Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Aaron Altherr (the main reason I went), and 9 cards signed by former player and current Valleycats manager Pete Incaviglia. The stadium is not autograph friendly, and the nets go all the way around, with no openings or spaces for the players to step into, I was able to slide cardboard under the net, thankfully I wasn't trying to get a ball signed or something, as that would have never happened.

Photo of the Tri City Valleycats autos:

-arfmax
    Total IP autos in 2023: 118

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast