Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Frank Thomas, the former Pirates All-Star and original member of the Mets, dies at 93

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ml...r-dies-93.html

Former Major League outfielder Frank Thomas passed away Monday morning at 93 in his native Pittsburgh, where he once starred as a three-time All-Star for the hometown Pirates. A cause of death has not been released.

While his best years came Pittsburgh, Thomas is also remembered as an original member of the New York Mets – a beloved-but-dreadful expansion team in 1962 that went on to lose a modern-day record of 120 games. Thomas hit a team-high 34 home runs that season for Hall of Fame manager Casey Stengel, while leading the club with 69 runs scored for the year.

Despite suffering a fall in 2021 that limited his mobility, Thomas reunited with teammates at Citi Field in Queens last summer for Old Timers' Day.

'I'm so thankful that my dad was able to go to Old Timers' Day,' Thomas' daughter, Maryanne Pacconi said, as quoted by MLB.com. 'It meant the world to him to see his old teammates. I was thrilled with how the fans greeted him. I was so happy to see him in uniform again. We will treasure those memories forever.'

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

RIP brother!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content