By David Yarger
Co-Host The Chase
Happy Monday, peeps. While it was a tough weekend for us Bills fans, we were back at it with another episode of The Chase.
Today, the crew welcomed Joyce Mosley of Culture Collision on to the broadcast. If you don’t know Culture Collision, it’s a show this upcoming weekend that will bring some of the biggest hobby names together. On top of the card show, there is something for everyone, including a 3-on-3 basketball game, where some of those big names will hone their skills. Additionally, there will be a card star game, and Mosley said there will be a spa-like area where people can get full treatments.
When asked how the show came up with the name “Culture Collision,” she said the name was thought of by her husband, Raphael, who believed it was proper for all the people coming together at the show.
“Immediately he came up with Culture Collision and it really just made sense seeing that our show is not just a sports card show. We’re adding other genres like art and sneakers to it, games and collectibles. So, it just made sense,” she said.
Mosley said the first ever Culture Collision show happened in 2021 and was put together in 90 days!
As far as the 3-on-3 basketball tournament, Mosley said Raphael went to a card show in Burbank and quite a few of the people who went to the show went to a local court to hoop. From there, he mentioned it was a lot of fun and that he’d like to incorporate it into his next show.
The tournament will be held on site at the show in Atlanta.
“Culture Collision is definitely putting on a production,” Mosley said. “The way that it looks aesthetically, all the things we are incorporating, we’re making it more fun. That’s one of the things we’re adamant about changing how card shows are presented. … I went to many card shows, and I swear I was dying of boredom … but I felt if it was more entertaining, it would attract more people. So, that’s how we wanted to bring it.”
To purchase tickets for the Culture Collision show, head to the show’s website.
Additionally, check out Culture Collision on Instagram and Facebook.
Also on The Chase
Following our interview with Mosley, the crew ripped open a box of 2022/23 NBA Hoops. This product gave us the chance to get a look at the NBA’s newest rookie class, including Paolo Banchero, Jabrari Smith Jr., Chet Holmgren, Ben Mathurin, Jaden Ivey and many more.
Our one auto in the box was Hall of Famer and four-time NBA champion Jamaal Wilkes of the Los Angeles Lakers.
On top of the auto, there were multiple numbered cards, including Jaylen Brown, Landry Shamet and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Additionally, there were several rookie bases such as Banchero, Holmgren and Smith Jr.
To win all the cards, comment on the YouTube replay who you think will win this year’s NBA Rookie of the Year. A winner will be announced on Wednesday’s episode of The Chase.
The post Mosley of Culture Collision joins The Chase appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...