By David Yarger
Co-Host The Chase
Happy Wednesday everyone! The Chase has hit the middle of the week and today we welcomed Brad Galli on to the broadcast. Galli is the sports director of ABC’s WXYZ Sports in Detroit. On top of that, he has been a big collector since 1996.

Galli mentioned that cards have helped him in his position, serving as sort of an educational source to get to know more about the players he interviews.
“I think that’s why I’m doing what I’m doing. My brother and I used to go to shops all over the metro Detroit area, collected cards or beg our parents when we’d go to Target or any other retail outlet,” Galli said. “Looking at the back of cards I felt was the best educational tool for me and growing up trying to figure out what I loved most about sports.”
Galli said he’s also had the opportunity to rip cards with certain athletes that he’s had the opportunity to interview and interact with at his profession. He mentioned ripping Topps Series 1 baseball at Detroit Tigers spring training as an example.
He added that ripping has become contagious in the newsroom and mentioned several of his coworkers have begun collecting and ripping, as a result of Galli’s collecting.
Galli said the urge to rip is always there and he said, with a laugh, his parents still tell him that he “shakes” when he rips still.
“I think if you ever lose that, then you’re probably in it for the wrong reasons, or you’ve lost the passion of what you got into it for,” Galli said.
In addition to getting some coworkers involved in the hobby, Galli said he’s gotten his son into cards, as well. For him, he said it’s fun to see the excitement it creates.
“I think putting him in things that I like, and then me entering the realm of things he likes to do is what fatherhood is all about,” he said. “Clearly, I enjoy a lot of the same things he does. It’s just going to naturally spill into his life.”
He added that his son once pulled a Dylan Larkin card that he wanted and ever since then, his son has cherished that card, which brought back Galli to memories of his childhood.
As time moves on, Galli said some big advice he gives is to monitor how much is spent on the hobby.
“If you’re getting into this just to make a buck, tread carefully. You have to be careful,” he said. “If you’re in it for the fun of it, be careful you’re not spending too much money. There are lessons to be learned from this.”
To find more of Galli, check out his Twitter and Instagram accounts. Additionally, he does some live breaking on Facebook.
Additionally, to watch the full interview with Galli, check out the replay.
Also on The Chase
Following the interview with Galli, we ripped a box of 2021/22 Panini Mosaic Road to the World Cup. We welcomed a special guest in for the rip, as the DA Netherlands Retail Store Manager Rachid Daoudi came on to check out the cards and tell us how the shop in the Netherlands is doing.
If you don’t remember, the Roermond, Netherlands shop was co-winner of the International Card Shop of the Year award at the 2022 Industry Summit.
We pulled an auto of Tyler Adams from the Mosaic box and to win that and all the cards, comment on the YouTube video who you think will win the 2026 World Cup.
To see the box rip and discussion with Rachid, click !
For more information on everything Dave & Adam’s Card World related, visit dacardworld.com or visit all the social media platforms here.

The post Galli of WXYZ Sports in Detroit joins The Chase appeared first on Dave & Adam's News.

More...