Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov Cup Autos

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Kaprizov Cup Autos

This won't go over well with a lot of people...

Looks like in addition to Kaprizov autos being stickers, so too are Sorokin and some Romanov.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Yeah thats highly disappointing. Id imagine it has something to do with the war (accessibility to these guys) given that its 3 Russians. Should have just made them redemptions no reason for sticker autos in the cup
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

That's brutal, especially at 1500$ per pack.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See psychoforturkeys's Items on eBay

That's brutal, especially at 1500$ per pack.

Really can't argue here. They'll still sell for ridiculous amounts of cash so I doubt those that pull them will be too upset but for this product? Rough!
    FINDERS FEE: 10/11 BTP Lumbergraphs, 17 Leaf Masked Men Nameplate, Leaf Pearl Letter or Lace Giacomins.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah thats highly disappointing. Id imagine it has something to do with the war (accessibility to these guys) given that its 3 Russians. Should have just made them redemptions no reason for sticker autos in the cup

Billy Ceilo from UD was on a live break earlier this afternoon and addressed the Kaprizov stickers...essentially it was either stickers or the cards weren't gonna happen. They can't force the players to sign.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Billy Ceilo from UD was on a live break earlier this afternoon and addressed the Kaprizov stickers...essentially it was either stickers or the cards weren't gonna happen. They can't force the players to sign.

So Kaprizov Sorokin and Romanov just stopped signing? Im not sure im really buying that one but what do i know

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

So Kaprizov Sorokin and Romanov just stopped signing? Im not sure im really buying that one but what do i know

Kaprizov signs in private sessions for a bit under 300 per auto.

https://www.cravetheauto.com/autogra...irill-kaprizov

The problem is probably that UD wants to pay the rookie rate, and Kaprizov is not interested in signing at that rate. With UD having a monopoly, no competition, and a knowledge that group break junkies will buy anything in front of them, they decided to go the cheap way, use the stickers they had in stock and not say a word about if before release, showing mock-ups where the stuff looks hard-signed.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Wow, that's something! Thank you for insights.
    SCF Threads: Hidden Content ; Hidden Content
    Check out these external spreadsheets for my various card lists:
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ;

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

An interesting thing I noticed....some of the cards in the product have the "traditional" font for numbering on them, and others have the more recent one that has been used for the products that are printed in Italy. If you look at the Romanov (and I misspoke earlier, his do appear to be hard-signed) they have the old-school numbering while Kaprizov has the new one. I suspect that somewhere along the way, UD had to get those cards reprinted, made every effort to get Kaprizov to sign, and when that failed they went the sticker route option as a last resort.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

An interesting thing I noticed....some of the cards in the product have the "traditional" font for numbering on them, and others have the more recent one that has been used for the products that are printed in Italy. If you look at the Romanov (and I misspoke earlier, his do appear to be hard-signed) they have the old-school numbering while Kaprizov has the new one. I suspect that somewhere along the way, UD had to get those cards reprinted, made every effort to get Kaprizov to sign, and when that failed they went the sticker route option as a last resort.

Wouldn't be the first time, It took three or four printings and many years for Upper Deck to get Ryan Whitney's Cup rookies out. Whether he lost them, they were lost in the mail, or they were thrown out, we may never know; but they had to be remade multiple times and a personal signing set up for the ones that got sent out. But the font change for the numbering lends itself to something similar with Kaprizov.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast