Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Please Note - MTBoiler will ship to the following countries: Any Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

New Member Looking For Advice

Ok, Recently 'picked up' my old cards from my parents house and looking to sell them if I can.
    I have a lot of cards...well relatively speaking. I have 1500 baseball cards from the 70's, 1/3 are 1975. I have another 700 plus cards from the 80's, I know they are probably worthless. Countless Ryan's, Bench's, Rose's and Aaron's, plus a Robin Yount rookie card that I had no idea I had! I have about another 200 plus cards that are not topps cards too.
    I have 500 football cards from the 70's, including Roger Staubach rookie card. I have 250 basketball cards from the 70's too!
    I spent some time 'inventorying' them by year and make, almost everything is Topps. I then went thru and pulled the pricier cards and put them in hard sleeves vs penny sleeves. Everything is now in a penny than depending on who the card is, a hard sleeve. I am sure there are dozens of cards I missed too because it has been a while.
    So, do I sell the whole things as one big lot? I was thinking about sending them all the an online card house until I read that you send them the cards and they send you a check without any consideration of whether you like the price or not.
    My second thought was to break them into lots and sell them on Ebay? I figure I could sell the 16 1972 football cards I have, one being a very good condition Roger Staubach, as a group.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by MTBoiler; 02-23-2023 at 06:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sell the higher end cards (stars and rookies) as individual cards. then sell the commons etc, as lots either by year or sport
    Hidden Content
    Baseball: Ty Cobb, W.Mays, Jackie Robinson,Musial, T.Williams,Gehrig, Ruth, Tris Speaker, Joe Jackson, Ty Cobb, Paul Waner Basketball B.Russell Soccer: Pele UFC: Israel Adesanya WWE- Andre the Giant Twitter: @joecham

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

if they are common cards selling on ebay might be an
    option
    you might do better if you sell in certain size lots.
    better than 1 big lot..
    and it depends on shipping also..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (12)
    Country
    Air Force
    Dallas Cowboys New York Yankees Boston Celtics
    See bakemeister52's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

Sell the better cards as singles and do lots with the commons is the best idea and good luck!

Bake
    Football: Emmitt Smith and CeeDee Lamb!
    Baseball: Aaron Judge/Adley Rutschman/Derek Jeter/Anthony Volpe!
    Only collect Football/Baseball cards, but I have lots of Basketball/Hockey cards and set to trade for BB and FB!
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees
    See mrrosado's Items on eBay

Sell here
    my for trade website can be seen here: Hidden Content
    My for sale on eBay:Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Marines
    Member is PayPal Verified

i've never sold a card on ebay or any online community but ebay is probably a good channel, unfortunately it has fees. I've only bought cards on ebay. You did not mention whether you are going to stay in the hobby and collect. But you did come to SCF so maybe as one member suggested --try sell them here. Either way, good luck if you just ant to flip your collection.