Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Post Why is this card so exclusive that its hard to find

Greetings:
    First off if your reading this prepared for a long read & I'll completely understand that no one is interested in reading anything about it but if you read it completely through I do ask for your feedback take on the subject that your about to read about. Now without further ado here's the question based on the subject heading of this post.

Why is it that a card from the `90/`91 Hoops set is so exclusive that it's hard to find? The card I am referring about is none other than #249A Terry Porter No NBA symbol on the back. I can't count on how many times I've checked monster boxes at shops,shows,people trying selling early 1990s collections to me to,flea markets,antique stores, People who have the complete sets for sale on ebay to people selling sets at shows to even people who do box breaks on here or mainly YouTube (more on those breaks later on) etc.... Every time I see those Grey Bordered Hoops cards it's the 1st card that I search for. This is from the same set that produced the infamous cards #205 Mark Jackson & #223A Sam Vincent. The Mark Jackson card got recognized for having on the card Kyle & Lyle Menendez during their murderous rampage against their parents in 1989. While Sam Vincent card is the only evidence of a photograph was taken on February 14, 1990 in a game in Orlando. Michael Jordan's #23 jersey was stolen before the game, so he wore #12. Later on Sam had another version come out in series 2 which he wears the black Orlando jersey & he's by himself dribbling away. So why is Terry so hard to find that's my mystery that I have yet to solve.

Now earlier in this post I mentioned that I get back to those who do box breaks on YouTube when I see them sure they focus on the big guys Michael Jordan & the previous mentioned Mark Jackson card the RCs of others maybe 1 or 2 will knowledge Sam's card only cause of Jordan's cameo on it but nothing about Terry & when they go through them & when they show Terry's card I am screaming to nobody since they can't hear me yell at them & how foolish the person who opened the box who may or may not have knowledge about cards when doing the break to flip that Porter card around to check it to see if it exists or is it like what I usually find is the card showing that Jerry West silhouette logo on the back so those who do breaks on this in the future please check Terry out & so we can see if this mystery can be solved. Now I know that there's 1 image from the trading card database site that shows Terry w/o the logo otherwise I have yet to see it in person. So as I continue on the end of this post I hope that if you made it to the end that you can post your comments on this post I look forward to hearing from you soon thanks. Also if you have this card I'm willing to offer a trade for it thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've honestly never heard about this one so I've never checked at shows and I will be doing so now in the future but I unfortunately think it doesn't exist. Why because this guy says so:

https://junkwaxgems.wordpress.com/20...ons-checklist/

This guy knows his stuff and is basically the go to guy for all of the errors and variants from the 90s. He posts this about the card:

246a Terry Porter (no NBA logo on back) **UNVERIFIED** (one existing image on site with known photoshopped variation images – please email if you have a scan)

If he hasn't come across one and hasn't seen a scan of one I don't think it exists. Somebody would have posted an image of it by now.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/