Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Fanatics to become NHL's official jersey supplier beginning 2024-25

Say farewell to your Adidas models.

https://www.nhl.com/news/fanatics-to...25/c-342481582

Fanatics will become the NHL's official on-ice uniform outfitter in 2024-25, taking the next step as a performance brand and longtime NHL partner in a 10-year agreement announced Tuesday.

This will be the first time the Fanatics logo will appear on game uniforms in professional sports. But the company has made Major League Baseball game uniforms with the Nike logo since 2017, and it has made the NHL Authentic Pro line of official performance and training apparel and headwear worn by players, coaches and staff since 2018.
    Fanatics' partnership with the NHL has evolved over the past two decades to include NHL e-commerce and retail operations, fan apparel and headwear, replica jerseys, licensed memorabilia, performance and training products, on-ice Stanley Cup champions apparel and headwear, and now official on-ice uniforms for players and authentic jerseys for fans.
    "This expansion of our partnership with Fanatics is a reflection of our shared commitment to innovation, performance and serving our players and fans," NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said. "… Our players and fans should look forward to what Fanatics will bring to the best uniforms in all of sports."

Each NHL game jersey today is made in a factory in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, near Montreal. Fanatics will continue to use the same factory, the same specs for players and even some of the same fabrics, at least at first. The company has assembled a team of people with decades of experience working on NHL on-ice and performance products.
    "We're going to inject them into the equation so that we can bring Fanatics innovation with also the best of what's been done in the past, and that's why I think fans should be excited," Mack said. "There's a lot to like about what's been done historically, but each time we've done something new with the NHL, we've actually taken that and taken it to the next level."
    What might the next level look like for official on-ice uniforms?
    "I believe what you'll see over time is an evolution in the chassis of the jersey, an evolution in design elements, and that's going to be player-driven," Mack said. "As you see the exciting stars of the game, we're going to want to know what they feel will help them feel great about their performance. We'll translate that into the product, and then the fan will be getting something that's really player -- and equipment manager -- informed."
    Jennings said Fanatics will keep the NHL on the cutting edge.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Should be a seamless transition if they have been making jerseys already.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Should be a seamless transition if they have been making jerseys already.

Yeah but, the Fanatics jerseys are "crap" compared to the Adidas jerseys; they look and feel ultra cheap. The Adidas jerseys are generally a bit more money, but they are 10 times nicer! When you compare Fanatics vs Adidas side to side in store, you always want to pay more for the Adidas version.

I sure hope this means Fanatics is going to step-up their jersey game and make some nicer stuff, because I would sure love to see the NHL send their hockey cards over to Fanatics/Topps, and ditch those Upper Dicks! And it could in theory, happen very quickly.

Similarly, I prefer the older Majestic brand jerseys the MLB used, compared to the new Nike jerseys.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah but, the Fanatics jerseys are "crap" compared to the Adidas jerseys; they look and feel ultra cheap. The Adidas jerseys are generally a bit more money, but they are 10 times nicer! When you compare Fanatics vs Adidas side to side in store, you always want to pay more for the Adidas version.

I sure hope this means Fanatics is going to step-up their jersey game and make some nicer stuff, because I would sure love to see the NHL send their hockey cards over to Fanatics/Topps, and ditch those Upper Dicks! And it could in theory, happen very quickly.

Similarly, I prefer the older Majestic brand jerseys the MLB used, compared to the new Nike jerseys.

I would not know as I have not ever bought a Adidas jersey. I bought the following brands in the past and was happy with them all. If it true what you say about Fanatics being of lesser quality it may be a concern as in reality why do they have to care as they have a monopoly on being able to produce the jerseys. It not like folks have a choice do they?

CCM.
    Reebok.
    Bauer.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The older Reebok jerseys were nice.

10 year old Reebok jerseys are still a thousand times nicer than current Fanatics jerseys!

Clearly, when this deal went down, there were NOT any Fanatics jerseys on hand for the NHL executives to look at. Let alone, compare to, existing Adidas jerseys.

Just watch, Fanatics "lesser quality" jerseys will be all over the news for that very reason.

But hey, if Upper Deck can produce garbage after garbage and consistently sell out, then it makes sense that Fanatics could sell garbage too.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The older Reebok jerseys were nice.

10 year old Reebok jerseys are still a thousand times nicer than current Fanatics jerseys!

Clearly, when this deal went down, there were NOT any Fanatics jerseys on hand for the NHL executives to look at. Let alone, compare to, existing Adidas jerseys.

Just watch, Fanatics "lesser quality" jerseys will be all over the news for that very reason.

But hey, if Upper Deck can produce garbage after garbage and consistently sell out, then it makes sense that Fanatics could sell garbage too.

If there is only one player (monopoly) in the market like you said quality suffers for sure.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Buffalo Bills
    See moose7766's Items on eBay

adding Fanatics was a mistake. Lesser quality stuff. But NHL only concerns itself with money. Remember when they went to US broadcasting with Versus, and nobody could see games? Thing is, Fanatics will still sell their stuff for 400 a jersey, and it will really be worth 150 tops in terms of quality.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sure hope this means Fanatics is going to step-up their jersey game and make some nicer stuff

Yeah that's not happening. They seriously overpaid for the Topps license and paid peak pandemic prices. They are going to have to make mega cuts to make back that money and you are already seeing that in products they are designing and making for baseball. These hockey jerseys will be significantly worse. I guarantee it.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/