Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres
    See ragamuffiner's Items on eBay LinkedIn

Anyone Ever Submit to Upper Deck for a Tim Hortons Card Replacement? Should I?

My wife pulled this over the weekend, best pull she's ever had and was very disappointed with the condition obviously. I put in for a replacement request from Upper Deck, but now I'm wondering if I should bother. Will they, if they don't have another copy of this card, treat it with the same respect and value as their other products (i.e. I'll get a replacement in the $100-$150 range) or will I get garbage because they'll look down upon the Tims product (i.e. better off trading this damaged copy)?

Anyway, pic of the card and damage:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never heard of anyone trying to get a Tim Hortons insert replaced. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

I've seen some people in the FB Tim Horton's groups getting some replaced, and getting the very card they submitted. I have a Celebrations to submit. It's "melted" on the edge like yours...
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

OPG Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Rangers Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays
    Twitter: @Attackfan74

i submitted a mcdavid flow in the fall. was told i would not be guaranteed the same card back but same value. I paid shipping to UD and was told I would receive extra value back to compensate the shipping. I got to common flows back in return. I did not feel the value back to me was the same, but at the least I no longer had a damaged card so :)
    Bobby Ryan NON 1/1 PC 1280/1339 95.6%
    Aidan Dudas NON 1/1 PC 47/47 100%!!!!!
    Nick Suzuki PC 152 cards
    Wayne Gretzky PC 1593 cards
    Wade Boggs PC 359 cards
    Tony Gwynn PC 187 cards
    Derek Jeter PC 90 cards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres

Well if they compensate the shipping too, I hope it's another copy of the Gretzky I sent, plus something else! Hell, make it the Selanne from that set too lol.

Anyway, it's sent, I'll let ya'll know what happens.
    Last edited by The Chalk Outline; 04-30-2023 at 11:30 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @OscarsCards See oscars-cards's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The only time I contacted them I received a reply, and never heard from then again :D

Good luck and tell us about the results!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres

Haven't heard anything from them since I shipped the card, which I did with tracking and it arrived back on May 4th, so starting to get worried.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (108) Hobby Insider
    Country

Haven't heard anything from them since I shipped the card, which I did with tracking and it arrived back on May 4th, so starting to get worried.

It takes a bit of time with them. If I remember correctly, it took like 2 months to get my Zegras YG replaced.
    Wantlist: Hidden Content
    Tradelist: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres

It takes a bit of time with them. If I remember correctly, it took like 2 months to get my Zegras YG replaced.

Thanks, and can confirm. They finally got back to me to let me know they did receive my shipment at least, so that's good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres

lol so I actually got the card back from Upper Deck today. They didn't do anything, instead explaining in a letter that they didn't see any factory damage and wouldn't be replacing it.

Problem with that is that I'm almost certain they didn't take the card out of the penny sleeve/top loader because that's the only way you'd see the damage. In the case, the case holds the peeling foil against the card well enough that you can barely notice it. As soon as you remove it, it pulls apart right away and is obvious. Great QA team you have there guys, what a joke.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast