Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Washington Capitals Chicago Blackhawks
    See sleepn0t's Items on eBay
    Member is PayPal Verified

Is an NHL team's former coach supposed to unveil its secrets?!

I don't know if anyone here has seen this or heard of this, but apparently the Leafs have finally found the weakness of the Tampa Bay keeper, Andrei Vasilevskiy. Thanks to their former assistant coach, now head coach of the Detroit Red Wings, Derek Lalonde. Since the Wings are not in the playoffs, he's currently working as an analyst on Sportsnet (CBC) for the time that the series will last. So here's what he said on his former goalie when he was coaching in Tampa :

QUOTE : "We did a study... he was one of the lower-percentage goalies in finding pucks from the point... we changed our entire D-Zone (coverage)." END OF QUOTE

LOL !!! Idk if he's a fan of the Leafs, or if he just wanna wake up his former players, but hey I bet that Jon Cooper is pretty delighted to have heard Lalonde say that on the national television. Wow! Incredible info and comments by him! What do you guys think of all this?!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

This wasn’t confidential information. Scouts probably had it figured out, and It’s not like all the analytics guys hadn’t figured it out too. Also what do you think happens when players from one team go to another team and have to face the old team. Like maybe Luke Schenn, or Zach Bogosian before that. The same scouts and analytics guys would also have noticed the changes in the Lightning’s changed defensive coverage too.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah if you watch the games, clearly floaters from the point are his Kryptonite. I wish the Habs were able to discover this two years ago, but be that as it may. Toronto has benefited from at least 2-3 muffins in this series, and that's part of why they are up 3-1.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

An accurate floater from the point reminds me of Bergeron's game 7 tying goal against the Leafs in 2013. It's never a bad play, especially with traffic in front of the net.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

This wasn’t confidential information. Scouts probably had it figured out, and It’s not like all the analytics guys hadn’t figured it out too. Also what do you think happens when players from one team go to another team and have to face the old team. Like maybe Luke Schenn, or Zach Bogosian before that. The same scouts and analytics guys would also have noticed the changes in the Lightning’s changed defensive coverage too.

^^^^

This.

If you're live tweeting out what's happening in practice, or shared a team's internal draft rankings - that's not good. He just talked about something that would have already been obvious to any team with a strong analytics department, and something (I'm 100% certain of) that former TB players would have already shared.