Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Best rookie young guns - help needed

I live in Louisiana and my local retail stores are loaded with retail hockey. Within the last 3 years, who are the best, highest priced young guns. I want to buy some boxes but unfamiliar with who in those classes are the chasers.. thanks in advance for the help.
    https://flickr.com/photos/192997755@N07

Check out my cards!! Everything has a price!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Here's a quick list i compiled with cards that have an ebay sold value minimum of $20. I'm pretty sure i've got them all but I also could have missed 1 or 2 cards

2020-21
    Series 1
    201 - Alexis Lafreniere (45-60)
    235 - Jason Robertson (60-70)
    246 - Jake Oettinger (20-30)

Series 2
    451 - Krill Kaprizov (100+)
    482 - Tim Stutzle (55-70)
    495 - Dylan Cozens 20-25)
    496 - Stuart Skinner (20-25)

2021-22
    Series 1
    201 Cole Caufield (75-100)
    232 Trevor Zegras (20-25)

Series 2
    451 Mason McTavish (20-25)
    464 Lucas Raymond (20-25)
    469 Moritz Seider (25-35)

2022-23

Series 1
    201 Matt Boldy (40-50)
    213 Matty Beniers (65-75)
    228 Owen Powers (25-35)

Series 2
    451 - Juraj Slafkovsky (65-75)
    459 - Wyatt Johnson (25-35)
    465 Andrei Kuzmenko (40-50)
    466 - Jake Sanderson (20-25)
    475 Shane Wright (45-55)
    480 Kaiden Guhle (25-35)
    490 Arber Xhekaj (20-25)
    Last edited by cjb; 04-27-2023 at 05:12 AM.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

Wow!!! I really appreciate the information. Guess I’ll buy some of the Series II. And I had bought lots of 2020-21 series II. I bet I have some of Skinner. I didn’t know he was worth $. Thanks again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Keep in mind that 2022-23 Series 2 is new so all the YGs are selling for higher prices. In a couple of months the values will come down.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Yes, prices of the 22-23 Series 2 will come down over the summer.

Skinner is still in the playoffs. They won last night and are continuing to the next round so his cards could actually go UP the further into the playoffs they go but should trend back down to about where it is now.

Robertson, Oettinger and Wright are also still in the playoffs.Also, Robertson and Oettinger are Dallas Stars players so being close to Louisiana may be good for you.
    Last edited by Cunnuc; 04-30-2023 at 05:25 AM.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    My traders on Flickr

In the 20-21 series 2 I bought alot of it in 21. Can’t find it anymore. Unfortunately I have no Skinner. Have a couple Stutzle, Cozen, and a Kaprisov. The 2021-current is all over. I totally understand about the newer rookies going down, that’s similar to baseball-football which I do collect. Looks like as long as I stay away from 21-22 series 2 I’m good. One last question, I see lots of SPX, MVP, and some other misc retail. Is any of that worth buying or should I stick with UD looking for YG’s? Think the SPX has a possible relic inside.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Don't be discourage but the shot lists I gave you. There are a lot of $5-$15 dollar cards that I didn't list that have the potential to rise in value. I know you only wanted the last 3 years, but if you can get's your hands on 2019-2020 Series 2, that would be the bomb. 2019-2020 was probably the last good year to collect cards.

MVP is 99% crap, stay away from it. SPX is not a retail product, but SP retail is.

SP retail used to be a good product but over the last 2 years it's been watered down, I would stay way from it. If you can find old SP retail products (no more than $30) you'll usually get one relic or auto a box.

When it comes to unopened products the best products in my opinion are the following...

- O-Pee-Chee Hobby (not retail) $75-$85
    - O-Pee-Chee Platinum Retail (not hobby) ($23-$30)
    - Upper Deck Seriers 1+2 Tins ($25-$35) Buy this at a hobby shop and not at Walmart, they are overpriced
    - Anything from MJ holding at Walmart (Mystery Tins $15, Mystery Cubes $25, etc.)

I've always make my money back On OPC Hobby and OPC Platinum Retail.

The best way to make a profit on the flagship product are Tins. You're guarantee 2 young guns, few base packs and half decent chance at a young gun Canvas. There are also Orange Dazzlers that can go for decent money depending on who you pull

MJ holding mystery Tins are the best product out there today. They are hard to find but if you can find them they are well worth the money. I've seen people pull $60 of unopened product from a $15 dollar tin. You always make your money back and more from unopened product out of these tins.

---------------------------------

When it comes to rookie cards there are all sorts of brands with all sorts of rookie cards. The most 'mainstream' rookies cards with value when it comes to hockey IMO are:
    - Young Guns,
    - SPA Future watch Autos /999 (from hobby boxes of SP Authentic $250-300 per box)
    - Rookie Patch Autos (RPA's) from boxes for 'The Cup' $1300-$1500 per box

When it comes to good value, Young Guns are at the Low end, followed by Future Watch Autos, then RPA's which can be super high ended depending on who you pull.

I highly recommend you don't buy boxes of SPA or The Cup. It's high risk/high reward and most of the time you never get the card you want. You usually pull way less then the value of the box. If you want to collect SPA's or RPA's best you go Ebay.
    Last edited by cjb; 04-30-2023 at 04:49 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Correction. I said SPA was a retail product it's not. I changed to SP retail.