Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Do you really want to play the team that beat Boston?

Well they were 3-0-1 against Florida but 1-2-1 against the Bruins so yeah, I'd absolutely want to take on Florida at this point if I'm the Leafs.

As well as Florida is playing, Boston has to own this. They are playing terrible at the worst possible time. I might be worried if this was all Florida but Boston has done enough to sabatoge their own chances at winning. As bad as they are playing, Boston is still a far more talented and deeper team.

Same with the Avs, no way that the Stars are hoping to face Colorado over Seattle. The Kraken have played well but they've gotten some help from an inconsistent Avs squad.

People need to remember that teams like Florida and Seattle are overachieving at this point while Boston and Colorado are underachieving. Everyone comes back to earth at some point. The Leafs and Stars are definitely hoping that the underdogs make it through.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

yes for sure..

sorry im not a boston fan..

go leafs go..
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

ouch...
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes Sir!! As a Leafs fan we would much rather play Florida than Boston. Hopefully the Leafs dont take this miracle they just got for granted though, this Florida team is Healthy & playing good hockey at the right time!!
    Still gotta sting for the Bruins though, 43 Points ahead in the standings!! They gave up some late leads in this series including Game 7, something they didnt do all year long!!

Well they were 3-0-1 against Florida but 1-2-1 against the Bruins so yeah, I'd absolutely want to take on Florida at this point if I'm the Leafs.

As well as Florida is playing, Boston has to own this. They are playing terrible at the worst possible time. I might be worried if this was all Florida but Boston has done enough to sabatoge their own chances at winning. As bad as they are playing, Boston is still a far more talented and deeper team.

Same with the Avs, no way that the Stars are hoping to face Colorado over Seattle. The Kraken have played well but they've gotten some help from an inconsistent Avs squad.

People need to remember that teams like Florida and Seattle are overachieving at this point while Boston and Colorado are underachieving. Everyone comes back to earth at some point. The Leafs and Stars are definitely hoping that the underdogs make it through.

Last edited by jameslacarte; 04-30-2023 at 10:30 PM.
    Hidden Content

Main PC: Current Leafs Rookies- Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Knies & Woll
    Current Jays Rookies (Vlady, Bichette, Gausman, Romano & Gurriel)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Wow, just wow. I'm fairly sure that very few would have predicted that the Panthers would take out the Bruins while the Kraken would eliminate the Avalanche. Two huge upsets to put it mildly. It will be interesting to see how each team fares in round 2.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Go Kraken Go!!
    Gotta admit though, i love nothing more than seeing the Bruins choke!! How many NHL Records did they set this year? But, the one record everyone will remember will be the biggest collapse in NHL history!! 43 Points ahead of the Panthers & the Panthers Win in the 1st round no less. On behalf of Leafs Nation thank you Florida!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

As of Sunday night they are going golfing. My favorite team. I had high hopes that they would win the cup considering their season record.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So much for "best team ever" accolades. The 76-77 Habs rest easily.

Full marks to the Panthers. They have been on an absolute tear for a couple months now, they're peaking at exactly the right time and getting the calibre of goaltending they would expect. And Paul Maurice definitely put his money where his mouth is.

Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

No one asked what are the Panthers doing. All the players they acquired are finally playing up to their full potential. They can beat anyone the way they are playing. We are finally seeing the Sam Bennett that Calgary thought they had drafted.
    Last edited by piper1; 05-01-2023 at 06:52 PM.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

The game-tying goal late in the third was Swayman's fault. He pushed Tkachuk in the back, out of the way, and in doing so put himself too far to the left to get back in time to save the shot. 100% Swayman's fault they lost that game. And that is exactly why Tkachuk does things like that in front of the goalie.

Maybe Boston picked up too many players for their playoff-run and lost some of their team cohesion? Also, Florida's points doesn't reflect how good the team is. They also switched out a lot of players but that was over the off-season and not at the deadline. So the point differential to me isn't a big deal. I am a huge NCAA basketball fan so obviously taking part in every March Madness I've seen many upsets. The playoffs is a total different animal than the regular season.

I only feel bad for some of their players, like Bergeron. But over-all I am happy they're out because I despise Boston and Marchand so I literally never like to see them win.
    Master List: Hidden Content

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast