Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Advice….

SCF Rewards
    Country

Advice….

Looking to get a 2018 Bowman Sterling Refractors Autograph of Mike Trout #ed /15. It’s graded BGS 9.5 with a 10 autograph, really beautiful card. Up until now never been in a position to acquire any Trout autographs. This one is really pricey, valuable, as I’m sure you would assume. The owner values the card at $1,500 so we’ve been talking about a trade/cash offer. Maybe $1,000 in cards and $500 in cash. My question is, should I move forward with pursuing this or wait? Is the card valued right, $1.5k? I get it, it’s his card so it’s worth whatever he wants but maybe you’ve seen something comparable? I couldn’t find the autograph version but did find the refractor and it’s about $200. Wanted to get thoughts from people who have been doing this a lot longer than myself. Appreciate the efforts! God bless.
    Last edited by Cubs2022.; 05-04-2023 at 10:25 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

@Cubs2022. I would look for other similar Mike Trout autographed cards /15 or /20. Any non rookie year should be a rough ballpark for you.

There is also a 2018 Bowman Sterling Refractors Autograph of Mike Trout #ed /15 BGS 9.5/10 for sale on eBay currently. I have a hunch that is the card that you are inquiring about. It is listed for $2250

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Toledo Rockets
    See bigbenjobu's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

@Cubs2022. In searching eBay for 'Mike Trout autograph /15' under sold and graded listings there are 6 cards. All 6 were graded 9.5 by BGS or SGC. They range in sold price from $318-$738. Based off of this information, the $1500 is way too high of an estimation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friend, I appreciate your help. I did not look hard enough, apparently. I found the refractor but not the autographed refractor. I’m sorry I missed that. I’ll try to negotiate down knowing this! Thanks again.

@Cubs2022. In searching eBay for 'Mike Trout autograph /15' under sold and graded listings there are 6 cards. All 6 were graded 9.5 by BGS or SGC. They range in sold price from $318-$738. Based off of this information, the $1500 is way too high of an estimation.

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks to bigbenjobu for helping out. One thing I like about this forum folks take some time to share their thoughts when members post.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Thanks to bigbenjobu for helping out. One thing I like about this forum folks take some time to share their thoughts when members post.

Don

Yup

SCF Rewards
    Country

Facebook has really ruined me on so much. Ask questions and get smart [dumb] answers in return. If someone doesn't want' to be serious just move along. Going to try to get the card but not for the cash. Maybe $1000 with trade and cash but mostly trade but see if I can pull it off. Thanks guys!

QUOTE=Devlin;15179872]Yup[/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck. There are many factors that can affect the card values, but I do feel like his value is high.
    Always looking for Reggie Miller cards I need.

Top 5 Most Wanted:
    2003-04 Ultimate Collection Signatures Logos #RM Reggie Miller 1/1
    1999 Stadium Club Co-Signers Randy Moss/Jerry Rice
    Babe Ruth game used jersey card
    Michael Jordan Bulls Autograph
    Tom Brady Patriots Autograph

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Colorado Rockies Boston Celtics
    See Nomahlovesyah's Items on eBay

My thought is, if he wants 1K of BV that’s arguably anywhere from 500-750 in cash value, plus 500 cash, so too much. *Maybe* if he would do 500 trade/500 cash it’s fair-ish.
    4X SCF Trader of the Month. Please check out my Card Opening YouTube channel!
    Hidden Content I PC Pete Alonso, Triston Casas, Zac Veen, Jim Rice, Luis Robert, Will Clark, Todd Helton, Bobby Dalbec, Jarren Duran, Troy Tulowitzki, Cole Tucker, NOMAH, Rockies/Red Sox Auto’s, Heritage variations, Real One Autos, Topps Photo Variations (SP and SSP), and cards numbered 4/10 (my bday). Cards FT: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    San Francisco 49ers Golden State Warriors San Francisco Giants
    See maitai326's Items on eBay

$1500 is way over priced (and it's horizontal )

if it's the #07/15 on eBay, I would avoid (autograph has streaks and bubbles)

Plenty of cheaoer options that are actually sought after:
    BGS9 RC auto
    Topps Transcendent Auto
    Topps Definitive Auto

Buy the Card, not the Grade ;)
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    WTTF:49ers/Myles Garrett/Acuna/Jordan