Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

2023 Sport Card Expo Edmonton Museum Exhibit Recap

2023 Sport Card Expo Edmonton is now concluded and so is my company's museum exhibition for this event. So many months of planning the exhibit, the drawbox promotion, and the many cards for sale and it always feels like it is over in minutes.

But, as expected, my "Goaltending World Tour" was a smash success! We took all of our visitors around the world in our small space. From North America, to Central and South America, to Asia, and then to Europe we showed off a bunch of amazing pieces of goaltending history of both highly familiar names in goaltending, as well as those names less familiar. A few organizations are now looking to commission us for some small exhibitions and we made some good connections to maybe get some even larger events organized.

Former NHL goalie, "King" Richard Brodeur, also popped by our booth to take a look at both some of our amazing goalie items on display, as well as to see some of the artwork created by our special guest artist, Ildiko Csanyi Creative Master, specifically for this event. Check out her page to see some of her amazing works.

You can also check out a short video of our museum exhibition up on our YouTube channel:

As for the card show itself, the positives were that the attendance was really solid, there were tons of vendors, lots of familiar friends came by to say hello, overall it was organized a bit more effectively than the first time around, and it is obvious that despite values no longer being at pandemic heights, the hobby is still quite healthy.Of course on the other side, like all shows, there were lots of vendors with prices in outer space and beyond where they seemed to combine book and eBay value and multiplied by two to come up with their space numbers. A lot of vendors were also not particularly friendly: fun fact, whether it is in the card industry or beyond, being friendly is a lot better for business. There was also a mini debacle that needed to be solved before we ever even had the chance to set up our area.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Classy blazer, Bruce! Another fabulous setup and showing. Congrats on another successful experience! Excited to keepo watching your museum and game-worn passion grow.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Classy blazer, Bruce! Another fabulous setup and showing. Congrats on another successful experience! Excited to keepo watching your museum and game-worn passion grow.

Thank you, a few people pointed out I was over-dressed, but my response to them each time was that I take my company seriously and have to look the part of a company president since I am not just a hobbyist any longer.