Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Post Yankees pitcher Domingo German is suspended 10 games and fined after his ejection

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ml...ubstances.html

New York Yankees right-hander Domingo German has been issued a 10-game suspension and an undisclosed fine for violating Major League Baseball's policies regarding the use of foreign substances.

German will not appeal the league's ruling and will begin his suspension on Wednesday.

German escaped a sticky-substance ejection last month but couldn't get out of another Tuesday night.

German had retired all nine Blue Jays batters he faced on 37 pitches, but before he could take the mound for the bottom of the fourth inning, he was intercepted by the umpires.

They spent a while feeling his right hand and checking his glove for a suspected illegal substance before convening to discuss their findings.

Their findings landed German with an ejection, which has been followed up with the 10-game suspension and means the Yankees cannot replace him on the roster.

Crew chief James Hoye said German's hand was the 'stickiest I've ever felt,' adding the substance was 'definitely not rosin.'

'The instant I looked at his hand, it was extremely shiny and extremely sticky,' the crew chief told a pool reporter after the Yankees beat Toronto 6-3 on Tuesday night. 'It's the stickiest hand I've ever felt. My fingers had a hard time coming off his palm.'

German denied Hoye's accusation, saying he didn't have anything on his hand other than rosin.

'It was definitely just the rosin bag,' German said through a translator. 'It was sweat and the rosin bag. I don't need any extra help to grab the baseball.'

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

This guy is a ding dong. BUT, he is on my fantasy team... so he is my ding dong. Load him up and get him out there...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves

I think they almost tossed him from another game earlier in the year too.