Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Kyle Dubas out as Leafs GM

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/kyle-dubas-wi...ager-1.1962572

Big news of the day today.

Whoever is taking over is going to face some very big decisions that will have long-term consequences for the future of the Leafs.

Will the "Core Four" remain intact?

Will they explore moving Matthews?

What will they do with the 10 pending UFA's?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

I doubt Dubas had it in him to break up that core four anyway so it will have to be someone different who will do it. A failed experiment in trying to apply baseball analytics to hockey. Unless they can find a creative way to offload Murray their hands are tied with respect to their UFAs.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Buffalo Bills
    See moose7766's Items on eBay

Agreed. Really, an abysmal failure at contract management. To see how many contracts are/will be coming due at same time, thats not good management. Having access to a large wallet doesnt make you a great GM.

I doubt Dubas had it in him to break up that core four anyway so it will have to be someone different who will do it. A failed experiment in trying to apply baseball analytics to hockey. Unless they can find a creative way to offload Murray their hands are tied with respect to their UFAs.

New Member Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See manthis02's Items on eBay

get these players out-
    tavares
    matthews
    nylander

and keep in
    marnier

just my 2 cents..

:)
    my new flicker

Hidden Content

- ( IN ROCK WE TRUST )= (ITS ROCK or BUST)-

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What the heck did Dubas say on Monday?
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article...ll-to-pieces/?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Winnipeg Jets Boston Bruins
    See timothystar's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

It took 10 minutes for Shanny to explain that after going to bed his feelings changed.
    One would think at this level, business decisions would be nothing like that.

Also, his primary requirement for a new GM is now experience. Translation, anyone not like the guy I just fired. lol Someone must have got his feelings hurt.
    Last edited by mooneyes; 05-20-2023 at 12:33 PM.
    Bucket: Hidden Content

Sets: 20 12/13 Artifacts
    Players: Ovechkin, star YG's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

The whole thing has been a debacle. Shanny should also be shown the door. Dubas may have a bright analytical mind, but he had no business background when it came to contracts and negotiations. I thought the Leafs were foolish to let Mark Hunter leave instead of handing him the GM reigns once Lou left.

Dubas is still quite young as far as NHL executives go, and he has a ton of potential. I think he really needs more experience to round out his skill set. Maybe working as an assistant GM under a more experienced one should be his next step.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Maybe this wasn't the best idea in the world seeing that most of the teams that eliminate the leafs end up going to the Stanley Cup Finals. Sometimes in the playoffs you just run into a buzzsaw and there's nothing you can do about it.

As a GM, the best you can do is put together the best possible team for the regular season and when the playoffs begin hope that it all works out.
    Last edited by cjb; 05-23-2023 at 03:35 PM.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Not a leafs fan, but i thought he put a pretty good team together.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Apparently he's "98% going to Pittsburgh" according to some media outlets. Interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast