Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Shipping Cards to the USA from Canada (Advice)

I avoid shipping to the USA because Canada post requires a shipping label in order to ship the cards.

Even if it's a small packet they still want me to fill out a shipping label on-line. The problem with the shipping labels is that it requires the phone number of the receiver, and I don't think many people on here want to give out their phone numbers.

If there are any Canadians on here that ship cards to the USA, how do you get around this problem. I would really like to start making trades to the USA again.
    Trade and Want List Below

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

dont use on line service....at the post office ship over size letter.. ( bubble packs up to 500 grams) ..no need for a declaration
    Serial #d cards /25 or less
    Old School Rare Inserts/Box or Case Hits Any Player
    Young Guns of Great Players and High Prospects
    [B]CURRENT TRADE LISTS

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

dont use on line service....at the post office ship over size letter.. ( bubble packs up to 500 grams) ..no need for a declaration

This is exactly what I've been doing for nearly 20 years.

https://www.canadapost-postescanada....ge-rates.page?

An oversized letter (i.e. a bubble mailer) up to 100 grams (i.e. a couple of hockey cards, with toploader(s) will cost you $3.19.

Put a stamp on the envelope, and drop it in the mailbox. I've never had a problem.

Is that appropriate for a $300 package? No. There's no tracking, no insurance. It's perfectly fine for a $20 package though.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What the above duders have said.

If they ask, just say you're shipping photos. Technically accurate.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I have also been doing this as well. My wife tells the postal workers that I'm mailing pictures of men to other men.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

are you sending in toploaders?
    because i have had bubble mailers returned if i use toploaders
    if i use a brown fortified business envelope and toploaders no problem.
    sort of hit and miss though with bubbles
    apparently lettermail is paper only, one postie told me photos are no good either because its not paper only documents for lettermail

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Akron Zips Kent State Golden Flashes Tulane Green Wave
    Twitter: @. See .'s Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Kronozio Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Bubble mailers and top loaders.

The lady at the post office won't do it for me. She told me that I had to go home and create the shipping label myself. Before last year I had no problem shipping to the USA but then a sign appeared on the door saying that all lettermail needed a shipping label. I understand why a parcel needed a shipping label, but letterman and oversized envelopes? Pain in the ™™™

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

are you sending in toploaders?
    because i have had bubble mailers returned if i use toploaders
    if i use a brown fortified business envelope and toploaders no problem.
    sort of hit and miss though with bubbles
    apparently lettermail is paper only, one postie told me photos are no good either because its not paper only documents for lettermail

TRUE

Plain and Simple, some post offices are clueless. Some employees are clueless. Some locations will reject bubble-mailers because of the top-loaders and just send back which can take a heck of a long time.

I have heard many stories or tips from employees I really wonder what the heck is going on behind closed doors at Canada Post. Why is this so difficult for them? Sending like this in Southern Ontario is a lot different than sending from Regina, so I gather from threads like these, things I've been told by Canada Post and my own experience.

Times are changing rapidly and it seems like for years Canada Post has been playing catch-up. Many new changes and many of those changes have changed again and all within the last 5 years. Even the 'DO NOT BEND' stickers or 'CONTAINS PHOTOS' stickers trend is phasing out at Canada Post. They just don't fly anymore. Not at every location.

Bottom Line;
    For 1-3 cards I have sent with 100% success to Canada, USA and Europe by sending in small manila envelopes (the ones perfect size for Dollar Bills) with thin corrugated wrapping material (not plastic or bubble wrap and is easily ripped length-wise because it's corrugated) which I get a roll for $5 from Dollarama. I charge $1.50 to Canada, $2.00 to USA and $4.00 to Europe. That covers the cost of the stamp, the top-loader and the material.

Bubble-mailers must contain something other than documents or letters or it wouldn't need bubbles surrounding it. Rejected.
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you are going to do an online label you can just make up a phone number, it really doesn’t matter. The address is all that matters.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Bruins Boston Bruins Buffalo Bills
    See moose7766's Items on eBay

Exactly.

I always just use my own phone number on the shipping label, when asked.

If you are going to do an online label you can just make up a phone number, it really doesn’t matter. The address is all that matters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast