Falcons unveil new uniforms at fan rally!

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/fans/i...cont_id=177215

The excitement generated on and off the field in 2002 continued today when the Atlanta Falcons unveiled their new uniforms and helmets during a rally with fans at the Mall of Georgia.

Falcons chairman, president and CEO Arthur Blank was joined by quarterback Mike Vick, linebacker Keith Brooking, running back Warrick Dunn, defensive end Patrick Kerney, wide receiver Peerless Price and tight end Alge Crumpler to showcase the team’s new look.

“We are very excited to unveil a fresh new look for the Falcons, ” said Blank. “Similar to the new Falcons logo we introduced last month, this new uniform reflects input from fans and players, and it signifies our team’s strength, speed and personality.”

The Falcons worked in conjunction with NFL Properties in the design of the new logo and uniforms after a thorough research process that included fan focus groups. In addition, the Falcons sought input from Falcons players, coaches and staff. The club unveiled its new logo at a press conference at team headquarters in Flowery Branch on March 19.

The team will wear black jerseys and white pants during home games. On the road, they will don white jerseys and white or black pants. These jerseys and pants have red piping down the side, which expands at the knee for a fast, streamlined look. The white pants are a change from the silver pants for a cleaner and brighter look.

The new helmet is a black metallic flack, as compared to the previous flat black-colored helmet.

The jerseys will have “Falcons” stitched at the neckline in a newly developed font and include a number font that was designed specifically for the Falcons, consisting of a drop shadow for more depth. The black jerseys will contain white numbers with red trim, and the white jerseys will contain red numbers with black trim. The new Falcons logo will appear on the sleeve of both jerseys on a red background.

Reebok aided in the development of the diamond-back mesh jerseys, which feature a different type of stretch for a better fit for the players. The jerseys will also consist of a Cordura yoke, which is a less abrasive and stronger fabric.

Apparel containing the new logo, including the new jerseys, will be available online in the Atlantafalcons.com Team Store and at Champs Sports throughout the Atlanta metro area at 2 p.m. today. Champs Sports is the exclusive athletic sports retailer of the Atlanta Falcons.

What do you guys think about the new uniforms? I really like the new logo and the jersey is OK!

I like the new logo, but I am a little unsure about the new uniforms, but it's hard to tell from the photos...

The uniforms look like a direct ripoff from the Texans uniform... what was wrong with the old dirty bird? I loved those all red jersey's too!

It looked OK, but not much of a drastic change.

I liked the change made by Anaheim, when they emphasized their red color uniform.

Now, the fans come drenched in red...resembles all those fans in Nebraska for those Cornhuskers.