Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: good box buys

SCF Rewards
    Country

good box buys

I just got back into collecting. What do you think are some of the best buys in unopened boxes. Best Buy for money and includes either autos or good GU? Any thoughts?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I personally think that the 2001 Sage hit is one of the best box buys out there for your money. They feature like 5 different autograph versions for there set and they all have different serial numberes. You get 6 autos per box i believe. It has tomlinsons, carr, bennett at least all them in there for the box and probly more of the great rookies. The box is rather cheap in my view and the fact that they also have i think one extreme set in there( 1 of 1 or something to that extreme) makes it all the better. I am not sure off hand what you would like to do if you are not into autos that much but here are a few other options

Although most companies now n days are taking jerseys to the extreme there are still a few good buys out there. I believe the new ultra has 3 gu per box and is very cheap for a hobby box. The rookies are ok and the cards them selves are fair. They have a variety of inserts and run there usual rare set out there.

If you are not a big fan of ultra but would like to go for something with a lil more bang for your buck the best two types of boxes to get are spx and sp authentic. They are very expensive but can pay off GREATLY if you are able to get a good rookie. SP authentic especially. The vick auto rookies are going for close to 1k still if you are forturnate enough to pull one. The cards them selves are great and have good insert sets to work on. I dont know what the odds of gu or autos are cuz of the price but im sure you get at least one rookie and one gu or auto insert per box but dont take my word for it. SPX also runs good sets out there. I have been a fan of there rookie cards cuz they are always a decent price. Reasonable to buy online but not to expensive where its outta reach. There subsets are something else in my view.

Other then that I guess it really depends on what you are looking into. I know one that had a good reach of gu per box was 2001 fleer focus. I had that one and i loved opening it. make sure you get in per full box cause they had labels where you could see at least the top card. Experts can feel through those ones easily.

Other then that its really a hit and miss. I am not sure of the gu/auto rate on it but I am positive you get at least one gu/auto per box is the donruss elite sets. Those insert sets are another big payoff if you can get one. They have a few cruddy ones but they also feature a lot of the vintage players jerseys and autos on the cards and can really pay off. Thats probly what i like to call middle of the road box price wise cause they do run around 100 or so.

Price wise this is probly one of the most expensive boxes i have ever seen but the new 03 sp game used box is very great product. They feature 6 packs per box and one gu per pack. The box it self also includes one rookie gu and one gu card that is at least #/99 or under. It runs like 200 or so a box i believe but garyclaton had one really pay off. I think it was a favre/vick/bledsoe tripe game used #/30 or something.. eXtremely sweet card.

The new playoff absolute has a neat feature to. Before they used to have there framed autos as the box toppers. They now have a set called etched in glass. Its basically a glass top with a peice of jersey on the base and POSSIBLY an auto on it to. Those are very expensive on ebay but i dont know off hand what a box goes for cuz its a rather new product

If you are still unsure on what you would like to do with that go to www.dacw.com These guys are one of the biggest retailers of boxes at the cheapest prices. My guess is that they beat your local card store on them also. They also give great descriptions on the boxes and what you could get

hope that helps
    Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yoda5's Items on eBay

I would suggest something from 2002. Ton of great rookies that have already established themselves in the league and the prices are very reasonable now. With all the new product coming in prices for SPX, SP Authentic, Contenders have dropped. I really good product for your money is bowman and Topps Chrome.