Thread: Need help in choosing a box...

Need help in choosing a box...

I have some extra money to blow and was wondering which cheap box (under $40) I should buy. I like to collect a wide variety of Rookies, but I also like GU and Autos like everyone else.

I narrowed it down to
    2006/07 UD Rookie Debut Basketball
    2006 Topps Draft Picks and Prospects Football
    Both are nearly the same price and you get a few hits per box plus a ton of rookie cards. The problem is the UD Basketball will give you three hits (2 GU and 1 Auto) and the football with give two hits (either one GU and one auto or 2 GU), BUT the rookie class in 06 football was impressive this year, while the basketball class hasn't been.

Are either one of these products a lot better than the other. I can't decide and I don't know a ton about cards today. I had stop collecting for a few years. Any help would be appreciated.

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Im a big fan of the DPP the 06 class has been great. Also Upper Deck Origin Tins have 3 hits I think there only 30 bucks but you dont get a whole box of cards hoped that help.

I don't think you are really guaranteed 2 hits in every box of 2006 DPP Football. I know it says that on DaCardWorld but I've personally busted a box and got one hit and have seen the same. It's probably one or two on average and they hit two on their sample break so they assumed it's two. I really like the product though. Only problem is that there's a handful of base autographs that are very costly to get your hands on, making collecting the base set nearly impossible to do.

If you like the RC's go for the football. You can also get 3 hits per box on that to. I did when I hit my Hawk RC auto. Got it and 2 jerseys.

I am partial to Football and I have opened a box of DPP. I pulled 2 GU and one of them was part of a letter. Go with the Topps DPP. :)

yeah, it seems like dpp has a lot of multi colored jersey pieces..i just picked up a few including one with a part of a letter off some guy on ebay real cheap..

if you want baseball id go with 05 origins 2gu 1 au($30) or 05 UD classic 2gu 1au($40) not sure on inserts/parallels

Personally, I would go with 2006-07 UD Rookie Debut Basketball, but that's really only because I don't collect football, and I only collect basketball. However, I bought one pack (yes only 1 pack) of 06-07 UD Rookie Debut Basketball, and a pulled a Daniel Gibson RC Auto! I thought the product was pretty good for only 1 pack. The base are decent looking, and from what I have seen the GU are pretty good IMO to. Good luck w/ whatever you choose, and I hope you pull some mojo no matter what box you go with.

Thanks for all the replies.

Since I've already purchased two football boxes this month, I decided to change it up a bit. I went with the UD Rookie Debut Basketball and a box of 06 Fleer Ultra Baseball. I couldn't pass up the Ultra baseball for just $25 bucks. The UD Rookie Debut was only $35. That's a total of 52 packs (28 in the UD box, 24 in the Ultra) for 60 bucks.