New Sports Card Software Available

This thread is a shameless plug for the latest version of my Java sports card software. Thanks to the discovery of the Standard Widget Toolkit, I've relatively painlessly wrapped my old command-line driven software inside a graphical interface to make it more user-friendly. I'm pretty happy with the result.

Because a few threads have popped up in recent times about sports card software, I am assuming somebody out there is interested in giving it a whirl. I've dubbed the new graphical tool Hyperlist and am offering what I have now as a Beta version. Mainly what this means is that although I think any remaining bugs in the program will be minor, I don't want to call it a full-fledged "Version 1.0" until somebody other than me has tried it out with some rigor. Hyperlist is stable in that it's extremely unlikely to crash your whole computer.

I threw together a web site posting the documentation and providing a download link:

Hyperlist web site

As the web site points out, you need to be running Java to run Hyperlist. Most people's computers have some version of Java installed without realizing it to support their web browser. When I used my dad as a guinea pig for the download, however, he received an error because he had an older version of Java than Hyperlist requires, despite owning a fairly new computer. Fortunately upgrading or installing it from scratch is a piece of cake; just go to

Anything else worth saying about Hyperlist I've said in its documentation. Feel free to assault me with questions, comments, and suggestions--I'm really interested in what other collectors have to say about how it works.

Peter G.

2. Allgood (eBay Store)

Hey i'm in college and a Bus. CIS major...and i have been working with java alot!! i will let you know what i think after i play with it!!

A couple quick updates:

*I've found three bugs on my own so far, all minor and with fairly painless workarounds, and documented them on the web site.

*The server for the web site is currently having some issues. I've thus mirrored it here.

*For the curious, a large fraction of my collection is available in Hyperlist script format if you want some lists to play around with or if you just want to peruse my collection using Hyperlist as your guide.

*I failed to mention in my first blurb that Hyperlist is free.

Feel free to e-mail or PM anytime with questions, comments, etc.

Peter G.

This looks to be a VERY useful program, there are many posts weekly asking for something along these lines.

Great work PG
    Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence.
    As of May 2017 ~ STILL Collect the following --> ALL 01-04 UD SP Legendary cuts Mlb G/U *Also, Topps insert Sp's.
    1985T Mlb mini's issue(Canadian release)
    Vintage & Modern issues: Have old school players but want current players? I may want them, please Pm me.Thank You | GINTER G/U