Exclamation Donruss Losing Football To!!??!!

I Just Spoke With A Local Card Shop Owner And He Said That The Word Is That Football Is Going To Cut Down To Only 2 Trading Card Companies. Ofcourse Ud And Topps Arnt Going Anywhere, So It Looks Like Donruss May Be Losing There Football Just Like They Lost Baseball. The Shop Owner Didnt Beleave It Untill He Saw That Donruss Was Coming Out With A $600 A Box Product(like Exquisite) And He Said When He Saw The Check List Of Cards That Would Be In It, It Looked Like Donruss Was Cleaning House And Getting Rid Of Everything! Lmk What U All Think Of This And If U Have Heard Anything About This.

2. Kronozio

Quote Originally Posted by payneo59
    ...Untill He Saw That Donruss Was Coming Out With A $600 A Box Product(like Exquisite)....
    I don't know about the rest but here is the Donruss press release regarding their new product, 2006 Playoff National Treasures, which is scheduled to go live January 31st with a suggested retail price of $500 per wooden box.

I don't see it happening, why would Players Inc cut the card licenses from 4 to 2 when they have over 20 licensees for collectibles and I know with fantasy football they are adding to the licensees.. Even if they were going to cut back from 4 to 2 why would they cut DLP who has done several promotions this season and recently signed a deal to be the exclusive maker of Pop Warner cards through 2009..

"Of all of our licensed categories, the trading card industry was the first to successfully connect fans to their favorite players," said Clay Walker, senior vice president of PLAYERS INC, the marketing and licensing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association. "Collecting trading cards is a longstanding tradition that continues to thrive by providing consumers with unique cards, high quality photography, player autographs and game worn jerseys."
    That was from about 8 months ago, I doubt Players Inc view on cards changed enough since then that they would want to cut out half the football card industry..

they cut them in baseball and they were the leaders there as far as most collectors were concerned...wouldnt surprise me at all...
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

Id hate to have that happen they produce some of my Fav Cards.

Donruss sucks. Why do you need 20 sets and 20 cards of the same players plus parallels, inserts, gu and autos...lets simplify collecting