Thread: Topps Damaged Card Report

Thumbs up Topps Damaged Card Report

Two weeks ago I sent in a damaged Topps card and I just got the replacement back today. I bought a pack of 2006 Heritage Football and pulled a Vince Young jersey. The card was really messed up with bent corners, a chunk taken out of one corner and the part near the jersey was creased.

I sent the entire pack with wrapper and reciept to Topps with a hand written letter explaining that the relic was damaged but the rest of the cards in the pack where not. So obviously it was damaged before it was inserted into the pack.

Two weeks later I just got the new card in today and its perfect. Pretty good customer service. Anyone have any similar experiences?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hidden Content - Have/Want lists, Breaks + More! Hidden Content
    I collect these players: Hidden Content , Hidden Content + NY Giants, Yankees, LeBron James, Shaq!
    01/10/10 - 500th Dave Winfield Card -- 08/28/11 - 600th Card -- 01/27/12 - 700th Card -- 05/15/16 800th Card!

i had an 05 Topps Total Total Signatures LeVar Woods Auto with no autograph on it. I sent it back to topps with a letter. I got a signed card back within 3 weeks

Yep, Topps is really good with that. I had a Topps Allen and Ginter Alex Rodriguez Auto that was damaged and booked $500 at the time, and was also an SP, got a new one back in like 5 days (Back when AG first came out though)

Nice to see positive experiences with a card companies customer service. Topps' customer service has struck out with some of our members so it isn't perfect. After reading some other threads about the companies' customer service, you may find that Topps has one of the better customer service departments.

Andy

I did have a bad experience with an auto redemption back in 2001. I waited a year for a Willie McCovey 1980 buyback auto that booked for $80. They didnt have one to send me so they sent me two common prospect autos instead. Both of them where only worth $10 each. Looking back I should have called them because they are supposed to replace it with something of equal value but oh well.

On the other hand I've never had a problem with Upper Deck redemptions, I've always gotten my cards within a few weeks, last time I even got sent the same cards twice!

i sent topps a letter and the box top from a turkey red retail box baseball saying i didn,t get the 2 shortprints i was supposed to,well today in the mail i got

ken griffey jr sp bv 10

david ortiz twins sp bv 8

magglio ordonez sp bv 4

richie sexson regular card

and last but not least

jon garland gu card gray swatch bv 10

can,t beat customer service like that kudos to topps