Thread: Ridiculous Sighting

Ridiculous Sighting

Okay, well, I pledged earlier to not buy any more retail. Well, I have given up on finding jersey cards in loose retail packs. However, today, I felt like going to Target to pick up some Topps Chrome football packs, in hope of getting some good RC's. However, at the second Target and an hour and a half later, I found the packs of Topps Chrome I was looking for.

However, there was a pack searcher. I wouldn't care if he was searching the packs for jersey cards because I was looking for RC's. However, he was BENDING all of the packs, which in turn would BEND all of the cards in the packs! So if I did get a good RC in the packs, it would be bent! I went with another collector, and he confronted him, starting with, "Find what you're looking for?" Then the guy goes on to say that he is looking for the jersey cards. Then we just said that he was bending the packs and cards, but he just denied it. I left angrily.

Once I got home, Target was phoned. They said that they ocassionally see it, and they would pay closer attention. Still, that doesn't account for all of the damaged merchandise!

Please note Mods: If anything gets out of hand, please feel free to lock it.

Thanks.

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    You done good; informing the store is a step in the right direction to help change the way retail is sold. Handling the merchandise persay is not a crime, but bending the packs attempting to determine if there is anything good in the packs is bad bad bad.

I agree, I think that putting the cards in a glass case a la Jewel used to do it near me would solve MANY problems.

My local shop, Vintage Stock, keeps all the good products behind a glass case (they sell hobby packs/boxes). Even the lesser products are within sight of the staff, though.

Way to go!

About 12 years ago I nailed a couple guys with a small hand held metal detector and scale going through the packs at Walmart in search of insert cards. I notified management about it but the guy looked clueless and didn't do anything about it. Needless to say I didn't buy any packs and always felt, since then, that packs should be kept in jewlery counters, or something similar.

Good for you and your friend sportsguyryan. It's one thing if the guy is feeling the packs to see if any of them are heavier than the others but to bend the cards and ruin them for anyone else is just plain stupid. By the way, I do have some 2005 Topps Chrome Football retail available in the pack sales section of the trading forum. These came from a factory sealed box and I guarantee they haven't been bent or weighed. (shameless plug)

well if he knew anything about cards topps chrome doesn,t even have jersey cards in it just autos and refractors but good job in calling target they wouldn,t do anything if people like you and your friend didn,t alert them take care steve