Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Is Tony Romo unfairly getting a bad rap?

Everywhere you go on the internet regarding football or sports, you will see Tony Romo "chocking" over and over, article after article. There seems to be a new story about him failing to hold the ball during the field goal against Seattle every hour. I have even seen Dallas fans calling for his removing as the starting QB for next year.

Are you kidding me? The guy is a quarterback and had a excellent season considering he played his first half of an NFL season. He was the darling of the NFL world as everyone wanted to see if he was dating Jessica Simpson or some other hot lady. Not everyone hates him.

I place much of the blame for the botched field goal on the Dallas coaching staff. Why is a starting quarterback holding for field goals and extra points? Aren't there 2 back up quarterbacks on the Dallas team? How about the non-playing receivers? Aren't receivers suppose to have the best hands? I state this because you are asking a guy who has played 4 NFL quarters, taken 100+ snaps, thrown 30+ passes, sacked, tackled and battered around the field to hold a game winning field goal. It is easy for a couch potato to blame Tony Romo for the play-off loss, but it is silly to try to ruin the guys career and brand him a choker. He gets paid to lead a team and throw the ball, not hold footballs for kickers.

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chantillycrafter's Items on eBay

exactly wut i said in hagans post.. why is he the holder.. i understand while vanderjagt was still there for the consistency of having the same kicker but once he was cut thats when they needed to switch holders.. i hope they dont make that mistake next year

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hagansp's Items on eBay

holder/not holder....people drop balls...things happen...to address Tony Romo as a QB...he had his time in the spotlight...the book is out on Romo...he will not be anything more then an average QB for the rest of his career...Expect Dallas fans to be calling for a new QB in a year or two...Theres a reason he went undrafted and went to some noname college...he isnt that good.

A lot of you will say Im saying that 100% because Im an eagles fan but the fact is he isnt that good...he does not deserve to be in the pro bowl and his numbers are inflatted from a stretch of playing bad teams, ie: Wash, Ari, TB, then the final game of the season vs Det, good pass defenses shut him down. All of these teams are in the bottom 3rd of the NFL in pass defense. When he plays NO, Indy, and Philly who are in the top 3rd of the NFL in pass defense he was shutdown. He threw for 249, 226, and 142 with 2 Tds and 5 Ints...

Romo is a thing of the past, and with him, and Eli Manning in the NFC East, The eagles will win the NFC East again next year, and Jason Campbell will emerge as the 2nd best QB in the NFC East...Dallas and NYG should try and bring in Garcia...he is better then anything they have.

See N/A's Items on eBay

holder/not holder....people drop balls...things happen...to address Tony Romo as a QB...he had his time in the spotlight...the book is out on Romo...he will not be anything more then an average QB for the rest of his career...Expect Dallas fans to be calling for a new QB in a year or two...Theres a reason he went undrafted and went to some noname college...he isnt that good.

A lot of you will say Im saying that 100% because Im an eagles fan but the fact is he isnt that good...he does not deserve to be in the pro bowl and his numbers are inflatted from a stretch of playing bad teams, ie: Wash, Ari, TB, then the final game of the season vs Det, good pass defenses shut him down. All of these teams are in the bottom 3rd of the NFL in pass defense. When he plays NO, Indy, and Philly who are in the top 3rd of the NFL in pass defense he was shutdown. He threw for 249, 226, and 142 with 2 Tds and 5 Ints...

Romo is a thing of the past, and with him, and Eli Manning in the NFC East, The eagles will win the NFC East again next year, and Jason Campbell will emerge as the 2nd best QB in the NFC East...Dallas and NYG should try and bring in Garcia...he is better then anything they have.

Well said ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See randallscardsales's Items on eBay

Eli is not that bad, no Reason to give up on him yet...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Eli is not that bad, no Reason to give up on him yet...

guess you dont watch football...Eli is scared to take a hit and will fall off his back foot and slide out away from pressure causing him to throw a horrible ball...Eli stinks man. Just looking at passing yds alone...he had 1 game over 300, 9 games under 200.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thesorias3's Items on eBay

Romo was more mobile than Bledsoe so he was able to make plays. Now that people see his tendencies and what he likes to do, he is average. Average arm, average mobility but way better than Bledsoe. He will get better but he will not be Troy Aikman.

Romo holding is Fat Bill's fault. Plain and simple. I mean the Eagles signed Koy Detmer just to hold for David Akers. I understand continuity but when Grammatica came in, it was time for Bledsoe or someone else to hold.

Can't blame Romo for Terry Glenn's fumble, TOs drops and poor run defense. Unfortunately this is the Cowboys so that is what they will focus on and I'm sure TO is mad because he is not the one getting all the attention.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm sure TO is mad because he is not the one getting all the attention.

TO fired his publicist to try and gain some attention...sad that it was even a story on SportsCenter

SCF Rewards
    Country

Romo will be fine next year...thrown into the fray this year out of necessity and performed well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

hagansp = romo/eli hater :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast