Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hill's been playing out of his mind on the Suns this year (compare recent years past). So all the Hill lovers from years back resurface to drive demand up, and older people have more money to spend. I think it would be interesting to figure out the average age of Hill collector.

I remember years ago when in Detroit and Hill was averaging 20-9-7 and his personality and avoidance of Jamal Tinsley incidents helps his image. As such, even I have a small collection of Hill cards.

It's a good time to sell Hill cards this season. When he gets injured again (which hopefully doesn't happen), then the prices will fall a bit.
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Chicago Bulls, HOF/90's Stars Autographs, 07-08 Stadium Club Super Team #/50

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Suns

i have his jersey, the green one. does anyone NOT like grant? :) he went to my rival high school, too bad i was a little kid when he was here!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

I have an IP of his auto on an authentic Pistons jersey. And a photo of him signing it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mojenda's Items on eBay

I feel your pain. I am an avid Jerry Stackhouse collector, and several of the cards I have chased on eBay have ended much higher than everyone comparable, except Grant Hill and Michael Jordan. I have paid as high as $250 for a printing plate...so I know how it feels. M2C

Dave

PS Yes I'm an idiot

Country
    See leeara123's Items on eBay

Well heres some things to take into account. He is now in phoenix and they are a power in the west! So more collectors to contend with as far as the team goes. Your preaching to the choir as far as becketts lame attempt to price anyone not named Lebron or MJ

Hill and Penny Hardaway were big in the day as far as ad dollars. So it isn't like he never had a name for himself. Co ROY etc.

cards are only as valuable as someone is willing to spend. Too bad some people have tons of credit cards and use them againest the little guys. So what i bid $100 on a 80 dollar card put it on my credit card and pay it off slowly. (not me just how some people bid on the bay)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ozcardtrader's Items on eBay

Well heres some things to take into account. He is now in phoenix and they are a power in the west! So more collectors to contend with as far as the team goes. Your preaching to the choir as far as becketts lame attempt to price anyone not named Lebron or MJ

Unfortunately it started a long time before he got to Phoenix, and may have only got worse since then.

This post is exactly the reason why I scaled back trying to get one of every single card and focussed my collection on a specific goal, and only picking up other cards that I really like and aren't (in my opinion) overpriced as I go.

Good time to sell though if you are winding back the collection ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

^ yes this is very true

it's extremely difficult to keep up.. my budget has been stretched to it's limits and i constantly debate selling the whole thing off

SCF Rewards
    Country

Collecting Grant becomes very hard, recently I have see on ebay skybox autographic 98/99 405$...

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL, that is crazy! Good luck winning some!

SCF Rewards
    Country

because there are ONLY a VERY LITTLE Grant Hill's patch cards or other Good insert cards.

unlike Lebron or Kobe, 1000's of jersey and auto released every year.

hey did u Get anything from a seller who just Sold almost All Grant's BEST ever collection like 2 months ago???

many 1 of 1 there... and a sick multicolor 1997-98 UD Game Jersey!!!! (my bid was $300, still far away.... it ended at $5xx. crazy)
    Last edited by Outlander; 02-16-2009 at 12:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast