2nd year cards pertaining to specific players?

I was thinking about this last night and wondering what you guys think about this ...

How do the card companies usually handle 2nd year players and their cards. For instance I'm sure the Big names i.e. Bush, Leinart, Young, Cutler etc. will have a nice print run for 2nd year cards probably including some GU's and auto's again. What about players like Brandon Marshall for instance, he was a 4th rounder who has emerged somewhat since the beginning of the season, but still doesn't draw the hype like the previously mentioned players.

I was surprised when I pulled his master list for this year to see he had 318 total cards including some 1/1's and a huge amount of GU's and Auto's. Can I expect this next year as well or will I see a big dropoff in card production for him?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JeRmZ

2. Kronozio
    Unless he does something really spectacular production wise a late round 2nd year player will almost always have a big drop off in the amount of cards available. The card companies are usually very good at only producing cards of players that the majority of people will want to collect.

well that's a bunch O' BS if you ask me! But maybe it will give me a chance to catch up on this years cards as well.

Thanks for the reply, anyone else got any info!
    JeRmZ