Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Princematrix21's Items on eBay

What upcoming boxes are you planning to buy?

Was checking out the pre-release calendar on BlowoutCards (http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...ming_products), and I saw a few upcoming releases that looked interesting.

Press Pass Legends - Yes, it's Press Pass, but it sounds like there's going to be some good stuff in here. I wonder how it will perform on the market?

SPx - I've heard good things about SPx, but I've never bought any. I wonder if UD will put any UD Black redemptions in here?

Topps Chrome - I usually like Topps Chrome, so I'll probably pick up a couple boxes and see how I do. May or may not collect the set on this one.

Fleer - I'm really excited about this one. Not sure why, it just seems like there's going to be some good stuff in this.

Which ones are you looking forward to?

See ejb0015's Items on eBay

I have a Rookie Debut on the way, I may buy an 04-05 box because I have a lot of nice cards from then. Otherwise, I may buy a Reflections box, they're just kinda spendy...

Topps Chrome looks real nice, hopefully you do well with that!

Quote Originally Posted by BMetts
    Was checking out the pre-release calendar on BlowoutCards (http://www.blowoutcards.com/index.ph...ming_products), and I saw a few upcoming releases that looked interesting.

Press Pass Legends - Yes, it's Press Pass, but it sounds like there's going to be some good stuff in here. I wonder how it will perform on the market?

SPx - I've heard good things about SPx, but I've never bought any. I wonder if UD will put any UD Black redemptions in here?

Topps Chrome - I usually like Topps Chrome, so I'll probably pick up a couple boxes and see how I do. May or may not collect the set on this one.

Fleer - I'm really excited about this one. Not sure why, it just seems like there's going to be some good stuff in this.

Which ones are you looking forward to?

dude, never buy from blowouts. Their customer service is garbage, they give u inaccurate quotes and often times change prices on pre selldown payments and total price on case or box. Just avoid. but on box notes, no ud black for spx, just the ones they have out now.i belive fleer is a complete waste of your money. what is the chances of pulling the mike? astrinomcal. Also for the legends, u will likly get bum legends like football had bosworth and archie griffin? who wants that?

Just my opinions though

SCF Rewards
    Country

Press Pass Legends sounds like it will be a decent set. Lots of greats signing for them and of course the Maravich cut auto will be out there as well..

I don't particularly recommend SPx or any UD product for that matter, since they have such a small share of an already horrible rookie class; I also think it's unlikely that they keep issuing Black redemptions, because supposedly the deadline for them is August (which is not enough time for SPx product to be broken)

Chrome would be okay if you like Morrison, but otherwise stay away since like I said, it's unlikely that any rookies will hold their value this year..

Fleer looks like a pretty horrible product on a per pack/per box basis.. They are "guaranteeing" 1 memorabilia card and 1 '86 buyback card per box.. Bearing in mind that 99% of memorabilia cards are completely worthless in the secondary market.. and the same can be said for '86 fleer cards..

There are 14 '86 Fleer cards that have BV$20+.. And we all know that the real value on a lot of those cards is nothing near that. Basically other than the huge hit of a Jordan RC, the other "hits" are easily found on eBay for under 20 bucks.. and there are a good ~130 OTHER cards in the set that are completely worthless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Princematrix21's Items on eBay

Quote Originally Posted by Adambomb007
    dude, never buy from blowouts. Their customer service is garbage, they give u inaccurate quotes and often times change prices on pre selldown payments and total price on case or box. Just avoid. but on box notes, no ud black for spx, just the ones they have out now.i belive fleer is a complete waste of your money. what is the chances of pulling the mike? astrinomcal. Also for the legends, u will likly get bum legends like football had bosworth and archie griffin? who wants that?

Just my opinions though

Thanks for your opinion on BlowoutCards; I've never bought anything from them, but I like the layout of their site, with all the information on the makeup of the boxes, as well as their prices. I thought I'd heard good things about them on here, but I'll be cautious when I do save up the money to buy my boxes.

[quote=Fleer looks like a pretty horrible product on a per pack/per box basis.. They are "guaranteeing" 1 memorabilia card and 1 '86 buyback card per box.. Bearing in mind that 99% of memorabilia cards are completely worthless in the secondary market.. and the same can be said for '86 fleer cards..

There are 14 '86 Fleer cards that have BV$20+.. And we all know that the real value on a lot of those cards is nothing near that. Basically other than the huge hit of a Jordan RC, the other "hits" are easily found on eBay for under 20 bucks.. and there are a good ~130 OTHER cards in the set that are completely worthless.[/quote]
    I guess you're right...it's just the thought of being able to pull an autographed RC of even somebody like Barkley, Ewing or Olajuwon that is really appealing, however unlikely it may be.

SPx normally seems like a pretty good set for reselling, but you have a point about the rookies...on the other hand, aren't UD are the only ones that have LeBron or Jordan autos? You never know...

Anyway, thanks for your insight...I'm probably going to buy a couples boxes of Topps and Bowman soon to complete those sets, and then I'll be waiting for the new stuff to come out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

^
    It's true about UD having Lebron and Jordan, but if you're going to buy a product based on that you may as well get something from last year.. Your odds will be roughly the same and the product will be much cheaper (and with a much better rookie class both overall and for UD)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stat_1's Items on eBay

I am definitely looking forward to Press Pass Legends, because it seems like it will be a nice set with some nice Autos in it. Especially with the 1st ever Maravich Auto in any set! I am going to try to get a box of Press Pass Legends if I get the chance too. I think the odds of pulling something nice from Press Pass Legends are A LOT better than a lot of other products you mentioned.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See elm_street_slasher's Items on eBay

I'm looking forward to Topps Chrome and Fleer. Chrome is always a great product for the price and this year they're even throwing in an auto rc per box. I think Fleer is just appealing because of the 86-87 Fleer buybacks & buyback/autos and the 86-87 Retro cards that come one per box. I just love the old school look.