Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did I get a good deal on unopened packs of 1981 Fleer?

Went to the card show yesterday and saw a dealer selling 1981 Fleer baseball wax packs for $2 each. I already had some that I bought when that product first came out in 1981 and I would eventually like to build the whole set. Each pack has 17 cards (and 1 stick of gum!).

Andy

Edit: I'll be busting open those packs either tonight or tomorrow night here.

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    You could probably get the set and a package of Double Bubble for $20... it'll be a nice trip down memory lane nonetheless.

I'm wondering why these are not highly valued cards. Some packs of cards from a few years later are more expensive.

Ok, opening these up now...

Pack 1: Pete Rose ($3 bv), Graig Nettles (corrected version), Tom Lasorda (HOFer)

Pack 2: Andre Dawson, Robin Yount, Reggie Jackson

Looks like its safe to say these packs haven't been searched and resealed...

Quote Originally Posted by tutall
    are you eating the gum while you go?
    No, I kinda want to keep my teeth, LOL. However the gum has damaged a couple of cards so far--Luis Tiant in the first pack and Dick Howser in the 3rd pack.

3rd pack: Rich Gossage, Steve Garvey, Earl Weaver

5th/last pack: Scott McGregor (gum stuck to this card, too), Tony LaRussa, Rickey Henderson "Most Stolen Bases AL" ($3 bv), Alan Trammell

Well that's about 85 more cards more towards the 660-card set. Since I'm going for the set, these are not for trade.

Andy

i will look around for some... i am pretty sure i have at least a handful i could send ya

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast