Thread: Card trading....

Card trading....

Its amazing how everyone jumps on the band wagon of a team heading to the super bowl, the Bears won today and then all of the sudden there are threads asking for any and all Bears autos and g/u, or people are selling Bears cards for ridiculous prices. I swear this hobby has gotten out of control, I liked the days when there was no game-used and just minimal inserts that we enjoyed collecting. But it seems these days the only thing people want are game-used or autos, I like them also but I don't think that someones rookie card like a Bush Topps Chrome should be $50. Look at some of the greats who are H.O.F.ers you can get there cards for almost nothing, infact a 1972 Topps Roger Staubach is $200 you can find one on ebay for around $130-150dlvd or what about a 1968 Topps Bob Griese for $85 thats book value you can get them for $50 all day long on ebay. And what about packs of cards selling for $500 a pack thats just retarded, I remember buying packs of Topps for $.25 a pack now I realize times change and prices change but this hobby is out of control. I just want to hear other peoples opinion, and Im not trying to start a war I just want to know what everyone thinks of the Hobby these days.

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    I totally agree with you. It seems we are in the same age range, I also remeber those days. But everyone wnats the bigger better stuff it's not just cards it's everywhere I mean when a crappy and i mean crappy military vehicle like the hummer can be bought in the civilain world for 60k thats ridiculaus. I like some options we have thoug, if you want the bargain cards get the low end stuff. I kind of like the thrill of the high end cards. Like the lottery only better because your getting something someone would want. As far as the bush chrome vs old scholl that stuff was so over printed you can get everywhere if you want it the cards these days are so limited it drives the prices up.
    So I agree and disagree LOL sorry.

The hummer is a crappy vehicle. No room, the heat or AC doesn't work 95% of the time.

I also remember those days and have to agree with proposal.

Times do change with everything in life. I miss some things...but it is neat to have so many options available for all of our favorite players. I have stopped busting wax almost entirely. I just like to collect cards for favorite players. It suits me well. I still put together two to three sets per year of "commons" (Bowman etc).

I miss the "old times" as well...but our cars, tv shows, movies, people, food, travel everything changes. Some is good and some is bad...but the change is real.

Quote Originally Posted by supplystud
    Times do change with everything in life. I miss some things...but it is neat to have so many options available for all of our favorite players. I have stopped busting wax almost entirely. I just like to collect cards for favorite players. It suits me well. I still put together two to three sets per year of "commons" (Bowman etc).

I miss the "old times" as well...but our cars, tv shows, movies, people, food, travel everything changes. Some is good and some is bad...but the change is real.
    I do agree and things do change, and yes there are affordable cards out there for every price range. I myself collect only certain players now and enjoy it very much and I do on occasion by a wax pack or two just to see if I can pull some nice cards, like another person responded its like the lottery but better...Anyways thanks for the responses...